• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Carroll on the QB production

Reaction score
Pete Carroll just now on Brock and Salk "If anyone is to blame, its me." Refering to the production from Wilson. Basically he said they're being really conservative with the play callling and not really opening up the playbook on purpose. The idea I guess is so he doesn't get in over his head with being a first time starter and still asjusting to a new offense. Also because we have a defense that can keep us in games as long as we don't turn the ball over. He said he'd be treating Flynn the same way... But I'm not too sure about that.

If Flynn starting means we hold less back, and actually open up the offense a bit... Its kind of hard not to be in favor of that move. This conservative play calling is killing me just as much as the penalties.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree. Run, run, pass gets you a punt and a bunch of 3 and outs. We didn't even attempt a pass in the 3rd quarter last night. Ridiculous.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
He said he'd be treating Flynn the same way... But I'm not too sure about that.

If you go back to Flynn in the preseason it is obvious that PC was trying to treat Flynn the same way but Flynn would audible if he saw something he liked. I think that is why Flynn isn't starting. PC wants complete control of the game and IMO that is going to hinder us. We need to allow a capable QB to read the D and take advantage. This backseat driving shit isn't going to cut it.

I recorded the preseason and will find the exact series where it looked liked Flynn said "the hell with you" and started calling his own plays. He tossed a TD 3 plays later. QB's should stick to the game plan when it works but be allowed to play the game.

S

Seattlehawk94

Flynn did call a lot of hots and audibles now that you mention it...

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
That's what I meant when I said Flynn seemed to read the defenses better.

The playcalling is definitely the part of the reason why Wilson looks so bad. I dont think its the only reason but I can see why Pete says that. No point in shaking the starting QBs confidence.

Idahawk

Reaction score
If you go back to Flynn in the preseason it is obvious that PC was trying to treat Flynn the same way but Flynn would audible if he saw something he liked. I think that is why Flynn isn't starting. PC wants complete control of the game and IMO that is going to hinder us. We need to allow a capable QB to read the D and take advantage. This backseat driving shit isn't going to cut it.

I recorded the preseason and will find the exact series where it looked liked Flynn said "the hell with you" and started calling his own plays. He tossed a TD 3 plays later. QB's should stick to the game plan when it works but be allowed to play the game.

Pete Carroll is undermining this franchise from within, that win against Dallas was to throw us of track and then the refs fucked him last night , Tate did everything he could but dammit we still got the TD .

Nothing fixes everything like a trip to the Lambs !

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Pete Carroll is undermining this franchise from within, that win against Dallas was to throw us of track and then the refs fucked him last night , Tate did everything he could but dammit we still got the TD .

Nothing fixes everything like a trip to the Lambs !

Dude way to take things to the extreme.

If you own a business and hire someone to run it for you do you hire the person who does exactly what you tell them to do or someone with thier own ideas and ability to make decisions when you are not available. Either way you can be successful. PC leans toward the first.

Reaction score
I doubt he would be treating Flynn the same way. They need to loosen up the leash or let Flynn start.

Idahawk

Reaction score

Carroll: "Remember, we did not turn the ball over again, and that was the best defense in the NFL taking the ball off of teams last year. ... In the meantime, we're raising a quarterback in the system. We are solid enough as a team to play like this at quarterback right now. It is a struggle for some people to understand that, but we're going to keep moving along and growing and there will be a time when it won't feel exactly like it feels right now. But it's not time.

Its more then a " struggle " Pete its a fucking war out here in cyberland !

Idahawk

Reaction score
Dude way to take things to the extreme.

If you own a business and hire someone to run it for you do you hire the person who does exactly what you tell them to do or someone with thier own ideas and ability to make decisions when you are not available. Either way you can be successful. PC leans toward the first.

I just don't get why your having a problem with Wilson being brought along the way the team wishes, we drafted him he's OUR guy , read 18's ESPN post , it doesn't get much more telling then that .

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I just don't get starting him if he's going to limit the playbook. He can learn on the bench too.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I just don't get why your having a problem with Wilson being brought along the way the team wishes, we drafted him he's OUR guy , read 18's ESPN post , it doesn't get much more telling then that .

It looks like the rest of the team is ready now. Flynn is way ahead in the learning process. This could be a big year for us if we can find some offense.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
This is where we still disagree. You ASSUME that he is. It's that whole maybe thing again. I want him to prove that he is. But that doesn't look like it will happen any time soon.

True. I am assuming he learned something while with GB and although he was supported by an elite offense during his games there, he still required some skill to accomplish what he did.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Passing game definetly been conservative in last two games, and when you are protecting a lead (even a small lead) maybe that is the best stategy. But I agree run, run, pass, is too predictable and vanilla to stick too. Not a hard code to crack, and I think RW is ready to open it up. Im hoping that one of these next road games, they take off the blinders and let him 'Let it rip' as PC would say.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
One other thing I have a problem with is using too much play action. Wilson has a great PA fake, but he can't kkeep his eyes down field if he has to fake a handoff first.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
One thing that's important that he didn't address is whether Pete feels he has to do that because that's what he's comfortable with, or if that's what Wilson is comfortable with. If Wilson is comfortable with a heavier workload, let him loose. Let him show what he can do.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
RW also needs to step up in the pocket, he is getting to comfortable, and getting away with it is some instances, getting outside of the tackle box, AND rolling out right, way too much. He has great feet, just needs to get coached up on shuffle stepping up into the pocket see Payton Manning.

I think as he gets more comfortable with his OL, who played well btw, then he will get that trust.

Top Bottom