• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

end of season - hopes

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Once again we agree to disagree. Personally I believe the Redskins are highly overrated and try to buy themselves talented teams with 0 chemistry. When they brought in the Bingo man in what as insult to Zorn but one he showed character and class when dealing with. Zorn seemed overwhelmed early on and I believe he will have much more success as an OC. He just took on to much to fast, and the Redskins expected a Super Bowl run out the gate with a coach who was a positional coach and meant to be OC for them in the first place. Not realistic if you ask me. I also do not buy the idea that Santana and Randle El are #1 WR's. Cooley is amazing imo, and Portis is at the end of his career and a distraction.

As for Holmgren, I believe he will do a great job with us. This of course is my opinion, and if we choose to go another route I will support who we get instead in hopes he will do something to improve our team. However, I promise you if we go another direction and fail swapping between coaches and GM's for the next 15 years all you will hear from nearly every Seahawks fan is how we should have taken Holmgren. I hope that will never be the case, regretting a single event for years is not something any team wants for their Franchise *Miss you Hutchinson*.

Here is hoping we make the right choice the first time *cheers*.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
I am not one to stand in the middle. I am a firm believer of making a decision and taking responsibility for it, which is why I cannot go with the "maybe he is, maybe he isn't" attitude.

I am comfortable with going with "He is."

What I think we should do.

GM/President Football operations = Holmgren
OC = Jim Zorn (Bring him back home where he belongs)
Either stick with Mora or find another Defensive minded HC.
Follow up by finding a D coordinator whos schemes would not require a full overhaul of the defense since our draft will be offensive under Holmgren. (Perhaps look at Leslie Frazier for a HC or DC/AHC position)
Draft/FA priority #1 O-Line.
Draft a QB this year to sit behind Matt as Matt finishes out his career. (Bradford could be a steal if he falls far enough due to his injury.)
Cut Wallace and keep Teel along with the new QB and Matt and watch their progress to see who is the true future, don't just assume it will be whoever was the highest pick. (Graham Harrell is in the CFL atm and I would not mind picking him up as well.)
The season is uncapped, thus take this time to cut players who would normally hurt the salary cap such as Branch.

My main concern is our D, which is why I think we need a change on coaching staff. Clearly our current staff cannot work with what we have, and I do not see us getting much done on D this offseason. Thus I would like to see Leslie Frazier get a look over by us. He may well give us the pass rush defense we need without having to try to overhaul to a 3-4 style D as many other coaches would have you think is necessary.

I am hoping with the O spending more time on the field allowing our D to rest, they will finally play up to their potential. Our D spends too much time on the field these days, thus an overhaul of the Offense under Holmgren is a solid plan to me.

I am not sold on Mora, nor have I liked what I have seen out of him throughout the season. I do not blame him for everything, however in this league 2 people catch the blame on just about everything,the HC and the QB. I know what Hasselbeck can do with an O-Line I don't know what Mora can do at all. If it were up to me I would not want to spend the time finding out and he would be gone. Let him move on with his career as we try to piece things together in a hurry.

There you have it. This is what I feel should get done with our team, and I believe all of these options are readily available over this offseason. Do I think they will get done? Doubt it, but I would like to see something along these guidelines done. Especially when talking about the O-Line and our future QB situation.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Striker said:
I am not one to stand in the middle. I am a firm believer of making a decision and taking responsibility for it, which is why I cannot go with the "maybe he is, maybe he isn't" attitude.

You call it standing in the middle. I call it making an informed decision. Are you for real?

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
It wasn't meant as disrespect, more of a personality trait I have. Didn't mean to offend.

Reaction score
you have to overhaul the D the DL has no push, the LB can't make the big play, the CB can't shut down 3rd stringers and the S's don't scare anyone.

Harrell no way. ALL QB's that play shotgun all the time in college have had tons of trouble getting under center in the NFL, and usually have horrible footwork because of that (and no it is not a easy fix)

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
No way! the D has holes (secondary) but its time for us to focus on the offense!
I wanna have a killer defense too, but the Offense is abissmal in every area but WR, and even there theres questions about the veterens i.e. housh, branch,

So if I was the HC, I would say to the D, " you guys are it" get it done, whatever it takes.

Also we need to blitz more, this dropping back all the time is stupid, mix up the blitz with the zone coverages.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Wish it was as simple as overhauling the D and O. Sadly it is not realistic to believe we can do both in 1 year, and is far from realistic if we go with Mike Holmgren as GM.

It is true that Harrell would need work, but if we draft a QB keep Matt and have him then we have time to see if he can improve those skills. Nothing in the NFL ever is an easy fix, however he would be a cheap pick up that could be a diamond in the rough. Sometimes you have to go against the grain and take risks (Like Antonio Gates turning out the way he did), while other times you need to take the more logical spot to cover your ass. Much of the time it fails, sometimes there is one out there worth it, and as a 3rd stringer it would be worth a look. Taking Holmgren to me is a safer bet than waiting for what is out there, going for Harrell is a risk but one worth taking if you draft a QB as well to cover yourself.

My assumptions are off of Holmgren being GM which means 2010 we have to deal with what we have on D for the most part. It is one of the Flaws of going Offensive minded, but it is a reality we may be in for, so believing we will start picking apart our D when our offense is in such terrible shape just seems far fetched to me. I say we get a coach who brings the heat and may be able to bring the best out of what we got which may be Leslie Frazier. I doubt he would take an DC/AHC position as he is looking for a HC job and would rather stay with the Vikings otherwise. Thus Mora would be canned for him which I am for.

OP
M
Reaction score
well i messed that one up didnt i :D

"beat the buccs"

:lol: :pissed: :harvey:

Reaction score
Maybe Matt will ask to leave. Going to a team with a avg o-line on the rise is going to extend his career 2-3 years beyond the 1-2 I see here. The seachicken (they earned their old name back) o line will be the death of Matt. Maybe someone would give a 3rd rounder for him and he can have a healthier life.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
Maybe Matt will ask to leave. Going to a team with a avg o-line on the rise is going to extend his career 2-3 years beyond the 1-2 I see here. The seachicken (they earned their old name back) o line will be the death of Matt. Maybe someone would give a 3rd rounder for him and he can have a healthier life.
Matt wouldn't want to leave unless it was to the Browns. :D

Reaction score
You know what I hope Matt does get traded to the Browns.. and both he and Holmgren turn that franchise around and these liberal faggots here in Seattle, who have fucked this team can look back and realize they were single handedly responsible for destroying a good franchise. TY Tim Ruskell, Paul Allen, And all the other faggots involved.

Reaction score
Thanks Paul Allen for keeping us in Seattle! Mike Holmgren isn't Jesus Christ. He can't walk on water and he won't turn the Browns around in a heart beat. Yeah it's disappointing, but it's obvious he wanted the $. If that's the case I don't want him here! His hearts not in the succeeding or not, but in the $. Why is that whenever something bad happens fans jump at it!? I know it's angry to see something like this, but why not get a guy in here whose young and could run this team for years to come?! What's Mike and the Browns going to do when 2-3 years Kathy doesn't like Cleveland and wants him to leave? They'll be S.O.L. We need to just look at the positives:
-We have a great fan base and a lot of players are intrigued by that.
-If their is no salary cap Paul Allen will spend.
-We have a football team! If I recall correct over 10-years ago we almost lost this franchise! Paul Allen saved it and saved us.

Tim Ruskell screwed us over big, but that was cause he didn't draft us depth.

This is a time when the 12th Man has to stay positive and say... Mike Holmgren is one of many successful coaches, but running a team let alone an orginization is entirely different than coaching one.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Time to just keep looking forward. Cannot say I am excited about the direction we are going because I am not, but I am looking forward to this offseason.

At least there is one good thing about the future, Ruskell is gone and that is a damn good start.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Reaction score
Did Paul Allen not have anything to do with hiring Ruskell and then deciding to replace Holmgren with Mora?

God bless him for saving the Franchise from moving, but no thanks for screwing us recently.

Reaction score
#ONE said:
You know what I hope Matt does get traded to the Browns.. and both he and Holmgren turn that franchise around and these liberal faggots here in Seattle, who have fucked this team can look back and realize they were single handedly responsible for destroying a good franchise. TY Tim Ruskell, Paul Allen, And all the other faggots involved.

Then go be a Browns fan.

Reaction score
lol hell no!

I am a Seahawks fan.. but I sure as hell am not happy with our front office, coaching staff and quite frankly most of the players.

so I hope they get what they deserve.

Reaction score
all the coaches and all the players should have their bags packed just in case. Mora is a idiot to say all the starters are going to play no matter what. You got to know what you got to get better so for him to say no way will teel play this year is a mistake. I still say let the PS guys play the last 2 games and sit Branch, Griffith, most of the D. The GM is gonna need some film to look at.

Top Bottom