• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

For those who want a pretty boy QB

Idahawk

Reaction score
Just watch this, the man is a beast and will crumple anybody that comes over the middle....he K.O.d two guys including his own..thats the kind of attitude our team and defense needs...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd7m3QtQJus"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd7m3QtQJus[/ame]

Reaction score
Taylor Mays isn't going to be taken in the top 10.... We'd have to trade down for him. If we keep the number 4 pick I want Crabtree.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Taylor Mays is a top ten pick.......he will climb right up the draft boards as soon as he confirms that he is in fact going to come out early..which he already has as much said....its just not a fact as right this second....and hits like this one is the reason why. He's a Seattle native and with Mora a defensive coach and also a Seattle native and the Lofa USC connection, its just to good a situation to pass on..Unlike Crabtree, he will want to play here and make his hometown proud, not bail as soon as his rookie contract is up. Crabtree had 4 catches for 30 yards and a TD in the biggest game of his life to date and they lost....big time players make big plays I'd say Mays and the entire USC defense did that.

Crabtree is a talent and I won't bitch if we take him.....but my fingers will be crossed that he works out.

If Mays doesn't come up the draft board..and we do trade down ...and gain a pick...I'm all for that...and this Kid Mays can get it done and give us a huge ,fast , scary safety that will put fear in the hearts of WR's that want to test our secondary in the future ..I'd say thats something we need more then WR...wouldn't you Bob ? Or can Crabtree play both ways :)

Reaction score
I'd agree we need a safety more than a receiver I would agree but I think Crabtree is the next Larry Fitzgerald... With Carlson and Crabtree we'd have an amazing foundation for our offense in the future.

Reaction score
Has a safety EVER been a top 4 pick?

Who is going to throw the ball to crabtree (NO!) and Carlson next year? It won't be a QB because they will be on their backs.

Did nobody watch Oher yesterday? The next Walt! Crabtree wasn't even the best WR on the field.

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
Just watch this, the man is a beast and will crumple anybody that comes over the middle....he K.O.d two guys including his own..thats the kind of attitude our team and defense needs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd7m3QtQJus

anyone that doesn't want a QB can watch these and kiss my ass for the next 10 years :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q_j1zeVNIE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q_j1zeVNIE[/ame]
or this list since Zorn
........................................................................last game started and record
Matt Hasselbeck 2001-present 2001-present September 9, 2001 (Current) 58-45
Charlie Frye 2008-present October 12, 2008 0-1
Seneca Wallace 2005-2008 December 28, 2008 5-7
Trent Dilfer 2001-2002, December 26, 2004 8-4
Brock Huard 2000 November 26, 2000 0-4
Glenn Foley 1999 September 19, 1999 1-0
Jon Kitna 1997-2000 December 23, 2000 18-15
Warren Moon 1997-1998 November 22, 1998 11-13
John Friesz 1995-1998 October 25, 1998 6-5
Rick Mirer 1993-1996 December 22, 1996 20-31
Stan Gelbaugh 1992-1996 December 22, 1996 1-8
Dan McGwire 1991-1994 December 24, 1994 2-3
Kelly Stouffer 1988-1992 November 30, 1992 5-11
Jeff Kemp 1987-1991 September 22, 1991 3-4
Bruce Mathison 1987 October 11, 1987 1-1
Gale Gilbert 1986 November 9, 1986 0-2
Dave Krieg 1981-1991 December 22, 1991 70-49

S

Seattlehawk94

We took at FS at #4 once...How easily it is to forget Kenny Easley...Not...

S

Seattlehawk94

Matt Hasselbeck Trade with GB (best in Hawks history)
Charlie Frye Trade with Cleveland
Seneca Wallace mid draft pick
Trent Dilfer Free Agent
Brock Huard Draft Bust
Glenn Foley Trade with Jets
Jon Kitna Free Agent
Warren Moon Free Agent
John Friesz Free Agent
Rick Mirer Draft Bust
Stan Gelbaugh Free Agent
Dan McGwire Draft Bust
Kelly Stouffer High Draft Bust by Cardinals Trade
Jeff Kemp Free Agent
Bruce Mathison SCAB
Gale Gilbert Free Agent
Dave Krieg Free Agent
Jim Zorn Free Agent
Sam Atkins Free Agent

So kiss your ass for what? Every high QB we've ever picked is a bust and all the QBs who've taken us to even ONE PLAYOFF GAME have been free agents.

What is your point exactly? Why did you list a scab QB? Actually you listed two because one of Kemp's "wins" was against the strike Lions team when Largent set the WR record for Seattle after crossing the picket line to play against a couple of guys who were roofers playing DB for the Leos that day.

I don't see the point you are trying to make?

What is it?

Draft a shitty QB in the top-5 and watch him bust like all the others?
Trade for a shitty QB picked high and watch him bust?

Really, what is your point?

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:

Who is going to throw the ball to crabtree (NO!) and Carlson next year? It won't be a QB because they will be on their backs.

Did nobody watch Oher yesterday? The next Walt! Crabtree wasn't even the best WR on the field.

Sean Taylor was a 5 pick
Roy Williams was a 8 pick
Eric Turner was a 2 pick

And Seattle has a history of taking secondary help in the 1st round..ala Shaun Springs at 3 and Marcus Trufant at 11 so don't be surprised .

And I have to agree with 94, whatever that whole qb thing was with the Mirer interview ??? What the hell is the point ?

S

Seattlehawk94

Bennie Blades was a #3 pick as well. There are a few others but I screwed up and hit delete and I'm not going to go through all the drafts from 2008 to 1966 (the begining of the common draft) again...

Reaction score
My point is we can get a very good QB in Bradford. If you don't want a QB it has to be OT or the QB's we have will never play more than 8 games. A QB with a bad back is not good. Wallace as a full time starter is not good. Your LT injured (and having a surgery he may not come back from given his age and weight) with NOBODY on the roster to take over your QB's blindside is a stupid thing.
Arm strength accuracy is something Bradford has. If you look at our history we have drafted a lot of very bad QB's. Did you think Mirer was going to be even avg? Hell no it was Bledsoe or trade down and we were stupid and made the panic pick. Our owner picked the brother of a steroid pumping Oak A because he looked good on TV in one game he saw.

Actually Krieg had a better career than Matt and way higher winning % with less players around him. But I think alot of the D on those teams were better than todays team.

IMO taking a WR will set this team back 5 years. LT, QB, and RB are the only positions you have to have above avg players to compete in the NFL. Taller,stronger CB's can slow or stop the BIG WR in the NFL not our minime's. If Ruskell wants to keep his job he better not take a WR.

S

Seattlehawk94

Did you think Mirer was going to be even avg?

He had one of the best Rookie Seasons by a QB in NFL history.

ell no it was Bledsoe or trade down and we were stupid and made the panic pick.

Actually it was 1 and 1A because everyone wanted Mirer. The Whiners even dangled Steve Young to Seattle for that #2 pick so I don't know what you are talking about.

Our owner picked the brother of a steroid pumping Oak A because he looked good on TV in one game he saw.

Dan McGwire? Because you were just talking about Rick Mirer. Just wondering...

Actually Krieg had a better career than Matt and way higher winning % with less players around him. But I think alot of the D on those teams were better than todays team.

Different Era, different division, different styles. Krieg's numbers aren't close to Matthew's because alot of his "Wins" were thanks to the Ground Chuck run the ball offense.

IMO taking a WR will set this team back 5 years. LT, QB, and RB are the only positions you have to have above avg players to compete in the NFL.

You aren't serious are you? You basically say that defense doesn't matter it's all about 3 players. There are alot of team WITHOUT those three "keys" you claim that have Superbowl wins.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:

Who's going to throw the ball next year? Maybe that Matt Hasselbeck guy... I heard he's pretty good :roll:. Our line was banged up all year, they'll be better next year. Plus even though he doesn't make the pick, I heard Mora said he doesn't believe in drafting linemen.

Crabtree is head and shoulders above any other receiver in college football, I don't know what you're smoking.

MONSTRO

Huddler
Reaction score
DBs, WRs, skill positions, etc take too long to develop and are too much of a crapshoot. First round pick should always go to the safest bet: OL or DL. Getting help in the trenches helps out more than anyone realizes. We needa nother Hutch, pure and simple. Fill the skill positions through FA instead of trying to develop a guy for two years and then realizing he's not the answer.

Reaction score
The reason you pick something in the first round is because you plan on using that player as a starter that next season. If you want to pick up a player who you will use to build for the future you pick them up in the 3rd-7th round...NOT the 1st or 2nd.

IF Bobby Engram retires we need a WR early in the draft and if Crabtree is on the board I think they'll take a long look at him and decide if they should take a WR or a Cornerback or a Safety or even drop down a few picks and gain a few picks in the draft.

Reaction score
Mays is a beast, but I think if Andre Smith happens to be available, you have to get him. If you don't think a safety is a good value look at what Troy Polamalu does for the Steelers. He was a 16th pick, but would have been well worth a 4! I think that Mays has the potential to be an even better player than Polamalu. I know its high for a safety, but damn he is a phenom.

Top Bottom