• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

For those who want a pretty boy QB

S

Seattlehawk94

bobflipaburger said:
Which is retarded... A backup QB getting paid that much is just dumb.

Brady is 2 months behind schedule plus he's had complications he's never been injured and they don't know what kind of a healer he is...Truthfully keeping him at that price for next year as insurance isn't such a bad idea..At worst they can trade him at the deadline or at worst keep him around just in case...

MONSTRO

Huddler
Reaction score
The point is how many rookie WRs make that big of an impact? Now deduce it some more - assuming we're still running the WCO how many rookie WRs make an impact within that offense. Now look at the odds on 'sure thing' WR prospects. Remember all the ones years past that were supposed to be the next big things? Remember the huge imapct Vernon Davis was going to have with the Niners, remember how any one of those Lions WRs was going to turn them into a potent offense, remember how Koren was the next Tory Holt? There is no sure thing WR prospect, it's one of the diciest positions to try and project. Go back and look at the last 10 drafts and look at the WRs taken. Look at how many early on tanked and how many taken later excelled. Complete crapshoot, one not worth gambling the 4th pick overall on.

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm all for drafting a QB this year... just not in the first round. The 'Hawks have ample prospects to consider. Graham Harrell, Mark Sanchez, Pat White, and Josh Freeman are all projected to round out the second and third i.e. we don't have to draft real high to get a good QB.

Reaction score
I think Josh Freeman could be a good get in a later round.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK-agr8kv_s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK-agr8kv_s[/ame]
Mike Teel out of Rutgers also looks like a good late draft prospect.
Sanchez last I heard, didn't know if he was going to declare yet (probably making plenty of money at USC anyway.)

MONSTRO

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18 said:
I think you could easily make that same argument for any position.

Not true at all. The constant safe pick in the NFL is OL, seriously guys do some research before bringing something to the table. Funny how everybody talks about how great Hutch was/is. but no one wants to replace him because all they see is 'sexy'. This offense would have still been fine if it still had Hutch. You win in the trenches, pure and simple.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
bobflipaburger said:
Which is retarded... A backup QB getting paid that much is just dumb.

Brady is 2 months behind schedule plus he's had complications he's never been injured and they don't know what kind of a healer he is...Truthfully keeping him at that price for next year as insurance isn't such a bad idea..At worst they can trade him at the deadline or at worst keep him around just in case...

One of them will have to go..it could be a huge drama...the kid or the golden boy...young vs old.....keeping them both I just can't see that long term

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
Mays is a beast, but I think if Andre Smith happens to be available, you have to get him. If you don't think a safety is a good value look at what Troy Polamalu does for the Steelers. He was a 16th pick, but would have been well worth a 4! I think that Mays has the potential to be an even better player than Polamalu. I know its high for a safety, but damn he is a phenom.

Hell , look at what Ed Reed just did...this position is way to important to be taken with a grain of salt....Mays has CB speed , big and tall , and has a mean streak...his dad was a NFL player, USC plays a pro game under carroll, I think this kid can step right in and hit the ground running

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
MONSTRO said:
Number 18 said:
I think you could easily make that same argument for any position.

Not true at all. The constant safe pick in the NFL is OL, seriously guys do some research before bringing something to the table. Funny how everybody talks about how great Hutch was/is. but no one wants to replace him because all they see is 'sexy'. This offense would have still been fine if it still had Hutch. You win in the trenches, pure and simple.

Just because the battle is won in the trenches does not mean an offensive lineman is a "constant safe pick." I am sure there are plenty of offensive line busts. But, using your 'sexy' argument, they just are not as publicized.

I want the best pick for the team. Maybe that is an OL, maybe it is a WR. But I am pretty confident that it is not a QB.

Reaction score
MONSTRO said:
The point is how many rookie WRs make that big of an impact? Now deduce it some more - assuming we're still running the WCO how many rookie WRs make an impact within that offense. Now look at the odds on 'sure thing' WR prospects. Remember all the ones years past that were supposed to be the next big things? Remember the huge imapct Vernon Davis was going to have with the Niners, remember how any one of those Lions WRs was going to turn them into a potent offense, remember how Koren was the next Tory Holt? There is no sure thing WR prospect, it's one of the diciest positions to try and project. Go back and look at the last 10 drafts and look at the WRs taken. Look at how many early on tanked and how many taken later excelled. Complete crapshoot, one not worth gambling the 4th pick overall on.
Calvin Johnson, Steve Breaston, DeSean Jackson, do I need to continue? ;)

...and, right now the Scouts are really good at finding those first 32 guys who will make a big impact. Of course they tend to only watch those big teams like USC Trojans, Texas Tech, Florida Gators, WVU, etc.

Reaction score
Hakeem Nicks for all you WR guys just might be better than crabtree. Crabtree is a reach in the first 5. Fox and ESPN college guys are saying he (crabtree)may fall to 11 or 12 if Seattle doesn't take him.

Hope some of you watched Oher last week. He and Bradford should be the top 2 picks but hopefully one or both fall to us at 4.

Reaction score
MONSTRO said:

oh come on EVERYTHING dies in Detroit.
WTF is Matt Millen doing working as a analyst during the playoffs :lol:

MONSTRO

Huddler
Reaction score
"Just because the battle is won in the trenches does not mean an offensive lineman is a "constant safe pick." I am sure there are plenty of offensive line busts. But, using your 'sexy' argument, they just are not as publicized."

Of course there are OL busts, looks like our own Spencer may turn out to be one of those. The point is go look at the 10 past rounds, first rounds at least, and just look through the names taken. See how many you remember, how many you know, etc and look at the positions. If you're like me you'll see that WRs are a complete crapshoot while OL has been a pretty consistent 'hit'.

I want the best pick for the team. Maybe that is an OL, maybe it is a WR. But I am pretty confident that it is not a QB.

"Calvin Johnson, Steve Breaston, DeSean Jackson, do I need to continue? "

Yeah, you do. I never said all WRs are a miss in the draft, just that it's one of the dicest positions to try and predict. You bring up DeSean Jackson, just how many WRs has Andy Reid brought in looking for that guy and where was he drafted? Just proving my point.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I think DeSean Jackson is actually one of the highest drafted WRs for Philly. Todd Pinkston and Reggie Brown being the only other two Philly has drafted higher in past 10 drafts - and they were just barely higher.

I get what you are saying. If you look at this: NFL Draft History for WRs, there are not a lot of first rounders that made superstar status.

But I also think the same is true of this list: NFL Draft History Ts or the guard or center equivalent chart.

The draft is a gamble, regardless of the position.

Top Bottom