• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

HAWKS NEXT OPTION IN THE DRAFT!!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
the seahawks are going to TANK TANK TANK the 2012 season.Pete Carroll and John Schneider wants Their man Matt Barkley in 2013. end of story.

No way. They would have to TRY to lose. This team is on the rise. They are simply better than a top 5 pick next year, let alone the first overall. I don't know the other QBs for the 2013 draft, but I would bet Barkley will be a candidate for first overall.

Plus, PC would lose the locker room forever. Why would guys want to give up a year of their career for a guy that may or may not be the answer when they could take a step forward as a team? And good luck signing free agents if you try and lose.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Manning has 2-4 good years left in him. As a pocket passer all he needs is protection the arm is still very strong and he takes very good care of himself. And yes manning will be dealt, the Colts can sure up the QB position for the next decade with Luck . As much as it would pain the fans and shock most people, football is a business at the end of the day, see Joe Montana.

Blackmon-First of all why would the rams pass on this guy ? They need someone to catch the ball . After they deal RG3 they will have at least 2 first round picks . That team needs a big name to keep fans in the seats. They can still get o-line help and may even get more picks from a desperate team.

I think we stick with O/D lineman for the first few rounds and then grab one of the projected 3-6 round Qbs , its boring but that's what PC has done so far I don't see it changing.

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see the just outright release Manning to avoid giving him that roster bonus. I don't think the Colts have any leverage in a trade because of that.

osprey3263

Huddler
Reaction score
OK, but I'm telling you coach Carroll and John Schneider want Matt Barkley in 2013.

osprey3263

Huddler
Reaction score
and now that football season is over until next season I can sit back and enjoy watching my VANCOUVER CANUCKS KICK ASS GO CANUCKS GO!

Reaction score
Ive learned from the past two seasons that its hard to figure out what Pete and John are thinking and plotting. I thought I had their strategy figured out... I was wrong. I also questioned some of their decisions... and was reminded on numerous occasions why I'm just a fan who posts about it and they get paid millions to run a football team.

I think they've got a pretty good idea of what they're doing with this team, including the QB position. Just going to sit back and watch it happen.

Hey 18, you should make an end of season "how would you rate Pete" thread....

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah. I kind of dropped the ball on that. It got kind of boring when the team was consistently performing. It was more fun when they were up and down.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Im with softy Mauler, this football team is ready for its franchise QB starting this year! Wether that be Flynn, Payton, RG 3, Luck, or some diamond in the rough. We need to find him and get him into camp. Barkley missed his shot to be on this great team!

Reaction score
I'm with you on everything but the Peyton thing... why would they bring a guy in that's about 10 years older than most of the players and has a fused neck? Flynn or RG3 for me!! I prefer Flynn of course cause he's mote "proven" lol

Reaction score
Yes I was... like I said, I was wrong about what Pete and John were doing. I still think they need a good balance of veteran leadership, and they're getting that from several guys. Clemons, Mike Rob, Gallery and such.

Say we bring Peyton in, he's healthy, we go 11-5, lose in the divisional round cause he took his last shot ad NFL player. Now we have a shitty pick and are back to square one at the QB position. I think this team is in critical year right now. They have found long term playmakers at almost every position except maybe pass rusher. I think this is the time to bring in a young QB (Flynn) and see if this team cam take the next step.

Who knows, they'll probably get some kid in the 5th round from Eastern Iowa Presbyterian and he'll beat out TJack and drop 4000 and 30 next year lol

Idahawk

Reaction score
Why would he only play one year if he went 11-5 ? 5-11 maybe , but 11-5 on an up an coming team . Hell you could get Farve to come back for that !

Manning is a long shot at best for the seahawks, and rumors are circling around the Jets and the Big apple Mannings .

The Jets could release Sanchez and guess what ? Thats right...

Reaction score
Ida, cause he would have taken his last shot (hit) as NFL player. Meaning that playoff game would be his last.... meant to say that in the post above but posting feom a phone. Obviously its all hypothetical bullshit babble anyways. I hope we don't get Sanchez. I don't think he has more potential than TJack. Honestly from what I hear sounds like TJack has a better work ethic than little Jorge anyways.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Who knows, they'll probably get some kid in the 5th round from Eastern Iowa Presbyterian and he'll beat out TJack and drop 4000 and 30 next year lol

I know you had to have watched the rose bowl, most of us did I'd imagine? How about that Russell Wilson Kid? I thought he played awesome, Ive heard he's kind of a sneaker pick. I'd like see Hawks get Flynn and even back fill with another QB in the draft, let em fight it out in camp for that final qb spot.

Manning really is on my list either, I just threw him in there because he's an option others have discussed.

Top Bottom