• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I say still take Crabtree !!!!

Idahawk

Reaction score
If he gets to us I say take him..he's young and can learn the pro game from Housh and Branch and Burleson ...talk about putting the Hawks on the map..that group would be awesome...we could rotate Crabtree in :lol: :lol: :lol:

But really , ruskell said again today that we will take the best player with that pick...I know I said before that it was a gamble...but now with Housh as a security blanket...I say go for it

We lost rocky and got Cull..we lost Engram..maybe, and got Housh, we lost Mo and have yet to replace him...but we would have to drop a few to take the top RB Moreno..down to 7 in some mocks..So there sits crabtree...at 4....taking him would not only give you a great corps now but because he is so young you get him fo 3-5 years and have a good wr after housh and branch are gone..You fix one position for the next couple years.

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
If he gets to us I say take him..he's young and can learn the pro game from Housh and Branch and Burleson ...talk about putting the Hawks on the map..that group would be awesome...we could rotate Crabtree in :lol: :lol: :lol:

But really , ruskell said again today that we will take the best player with that pick...I know I said before that it was a gamble...but now with Housh as a security blanket...I say go for it

We lost rocky and got Cull..we lost Engram..maybe, and got Housh, we lost Mo and have yet to replace him...but we would have to drop a few to take the top RB Moreno..down to 7 in some mocks..So there sits crabtree...at 4....taking him would not only give you a great corps now but because he is so young you get him fo 3-5 years and have a good wr after housh and branch are gone..You fix one position for the next couple years.
With all the injuries last season, it wouldn't hurt to have guys at WR who can make a difference. 3 is good, but imagine if Branch goes down or Housh goes down or even Burleson goes down. That would force one of these young guys who can't catch to take that 3rd spot. Also, if we ever do 4 WRs or 5 WRs it would help to have at least 4 guys you know who can make that catch instead of just 3.

S

Seattlehawk94

Why not?

TJ lined up with Crabtree and Branch as a slot is a prefect setup. We go 3 wide all the time, Nate is a great PR man and an excelent extra WR but for our offense Whoyourmomma, Branch, and Crabtree are the kind of WRs we're built to have. Short hitches and slants, Nate is more of a chuck and pray WR. We just aren't a downfield offense like the kind of player Burleson is meant to be.

Crabtree, TJ, and Branch...I'd take that against Breastman, Jar Jar Binks , and Assclown anyday of the week...

Trade Burleson.....I'm sure we could get a 3rd Round pick out of it (at least).

Reaction score
If we could trade Branch or Burleson, I'd be all for taking Crabtree. If we can't trade either one of those 2 then I'm rooting for trading down and addressing one of our other needs.

Reaction score
Now that Housh is here I just think you take whoever the best available player is regardless of position. We could use ANY of the top five ranked players at least for the future of the team.

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
Now that Housh is here I just think you take whoever the best available player is regardless of position. We could use ANY of the top five ranked players at least for the future of the team.

Yeah, Ruskell left it pretty solid that we will take the best available player, I would really like it if we drafted Crabtree, if not, any top five pick will help. (hopefully OL if not crabtree)

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
LOL I say Crabtree, Bob says ...best available and Vanilla say's best available....tune in next week viewer's for another episode of " How the Hawks Flies " ;)

Hawks2Cover

Huddler
Reaction score
The other option is trade the pick if Crabtree falls to us. If we could get another mid-round 1st and 2nd I'd be open to it.

But yeah, i say still take Crabtree.

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
LOL I say Crabtree, Bob says ...best available and Vanilla say's best available....tune in next week viewer's for another episode of " How the Hawks Flies " ;)

I'd like to take Crabtree, but I just don't see us taking a receiver after signing Housh.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Idahawk said:

I'd like to take Crabtree, but I just don't see us taking a receiver after signing Housh.
I could see it going both ways though. I could see us drafting a receiver after the string of injuries and all the problems we had with the young receivers. Adding a guy who can catch will add security to a team that can be a very solid run and pass team. I could also see them thinking that they are fine with 2 of those younger receivers being behind Burleson, Houshmandzadah and Branch.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Reaction score
Sorry for double posting...:D

I watched the press conference today and Ruskell said that signing Housh isn't restricting them from signing anything. They feel like every position is still open and they are still wanting to draft a WR to improve the receiving corps.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Id pick up:
J. Smith
Aaron Curry
Matt Stafford
before crabtree,
maybe Eugene at 4.

You know last year was freak happening at WR.
I could see us stocking up on WR and have Jones, Locklear, Wahle, or any combination go down and we'd be hosed!

Never Never Never Never Never Trade Burleson... thats my boy! burl! :mrgreen:

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Re: I say still take anybody but Crabtree !!!!

SeahawkWag said:
:roll: :roll:

RUT ROW WAGGY

What gives man.....no love for the WR's or what ? ;)

Reaction score
szat said:
Id pick up:
J. Smith
Aaron Curry
Matt Stafford
before crabtree,
maybe Eugene at 4.

I could see us stocking up on WR and have Jones, Locklear, Wahle, or any combination go down and we'd be hosed!

Yes to Smith and Curry... But NO to Stafford. He will want way too much money for an eventual backup position. Plus he will be a bust in the NFL.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
szat said:
Id pick up:
J. Smith
Aaron Curry
Matt Stafford
before crabtree,
maybe Eugene at 4.

Yes to Smith and Curry... But NO to Stafford. He will want way too much money for an eventual backup position. Plus he will be a bust in the NFL.

Yeah Im not sure about either QB at the top. But arent any of the top Draft pick?

As much as I like Matt its time to start thinking about grooming his replacement.
Hopefully we dont have a high draft pick next year, or the year after. Hoping for pick number 32 ;)

Reaction score
szat said:
hawkfanadam said:
szat said:
As much as I like Matt its time to start thinking about grooming his replacement.
Hopefully we dont have a high draft pick next year, or the year after. Hoping for pick number 32 ;)

I do agree with that. But we don't need a huge name to take over in a few years.. I am all for getting a good pocket passer to be an understudy for a few years and eventually step in. Remember, Hass was a sixth round pick and Brady was a seventh. Good leadership breeds quarterbacks.. The Seahawks have plenty, And yes, I am hoping for pick number 32 as well ;)

Top Bottom