• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

If the Rams take Crabtree then we take ?

Idahawk

Reaction score
The rams may shock all the mock drafters and so called experts and take the weapon that so may seahawk fans have their sites set on in Crabtree. They have more of a need at that position then we do...with Holt being their # 1 guy and getting up there in age and no real depth, the pass happy rams may just pull the trigger on the best player in the draft.

That leaves us with the number 4 pick and a tough choice to make. OL,DL,CB,or RB I feel that these are really the only viable areas that would make sense, but you may have different ideas ...its a guessing game anyway.

I can start the shit storm by saying that OL is not an option, DL is possible but not my first choice .That leaves CB and RB. CB is without a doubt a weakness and I could live with Jenkins but paying him 4 money would suck ..thats unless he rips it up..and thats the issue...replacing a flop with a flop will piss me off....RB However is a safe bet....as part of a platoon its not like all our eggs are in one basket, and if he flops then we at least have options.

Reaction score
We won't take a running back... There's no back that's worth the number 2 pick... I'd rather an OL than a RB at our position in the draft. Maybe Aaron Curry since LeRoy might be on his way out.

Reaction score
Trade down, try to recoup our losses from the Colbert experiment, and pick the best player left that's a WR, DB, or OT.

JGleas

Huddler
Reaction score
Michael Crabtree isn't really an unknown or anything for the Rams pick right now as you make it sound to be. I've acutally heard that the Rams organization, as of now, really loves Crabtree. Their is a lot still left in the draft process but from what I've heard, he seems to be tops on their board as of now. Donnie Avery is a nice #2 for them, but they lack a future #1 and Torry Holt is leaving sooner rather then later. If the stud WR is gone, then a potential Franchise LT like Eugene Monroe or Michael Oher (even Jason Smith) has gotta tempt Ruskell and the Seattle braintrust.

Reaction score
I've seen mocks having us take the Andre Smith, the Boston College DT and Oher. The Sporting News has us taking Penn States WR Derrick Williams in the 2nd round.

Reaction score
seahawkscott19 said:
Trade down, try to recoup our losses from the Colbert experiment, and pick the best player left that's a WR, DB, or OT.

It's really hard to trade out of the top 5.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
OL not an option? Dude you are obviously are suffering head trauma. I'm Done with you.

Ive got head trauma ???? We have like 12 OL and you want to spend our first pick on another one... :lol:

"I'm Done with you. " I want my ring back then ...Beoocth

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
JGleas said:
Michael Crabtree isn't really an unknown or anything for the Rams pick right now as you make it sound to be. I've acutally heard that the Rams organization, as of now, really loves Crabtree. Their is a lot still left in the draft process but from what I've heard, he seems to be tops on their board as of now. Donnie Avery is a nice #2 for them, but they lack a future #1 and Torry Holt is leaving sooner rather then later. If the stud WR is gone, then a potential Franchise LT like Eugene Monroe or Michael Oher (even Jason Smith) has gotta tempt Ruskell and the Seattle braintrust.

This coming from the man that had Crabtree falling to 10 in his mock draft :lol: :lol: Looks like that was " Unknown " to you

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
We won't take a running back... There's no back that's worth the number 2 pick... I'd rather an OL than a RB at our position in the draft. Maybe Aaron Curry since LeRoy might be on his way out.

I meant the number 4 pick...

Reaction score
The Rams have other issues they need to address. If all they needed was WR they wouldn't have another top 5 pick. I could see them doing that just because they know the Seahawks will probably take him if they don't and you don't want the rival getting a guy you know will be hard to cover.

But, until the Combine, it's hard to say if Crabtree is worth that pick anyways.

JGleas

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
The Rams are smarter than that they will fill the void at LT
I don't know, we are talking about the Rams :lol:

It's intersting though. When the Rams took Torry Holt, they were coming off a 4-12 season in 1998. They didn't have a Franchise QB (Kurt Warner was a 3rd stringer), added Marshall Faulk before the Draft, and had a solid group of receivers, but nobody had yet to establish themselves as a #1 (Issac Bruce didn't do much in '98, and they also had Proehl and Hakim). They draft Torry Holt in the Top 10, next year, they wim the Super Bowl. Holt was a pretty highly rated prospect. Not on the same level Crabtree currently is, but they were in a similar situation back then and went with the stud Receiver and look what happened. Now, I know it was a long time ago, but their has to be at least a few people left around from those Rams teams that will likely have the same input.

S

Seattlehawk94

You're claiming Issac Bruce wasn't "established" as a #1 WR before 1999?

Uh...He had a 119 Catch season in 1995 for 1,781 (second all-time EVER) and another 80+Catch 1,000+ yard season in 1996. His "awful" 1998 season was due to the fact he only played in 5 games due to injury and his '97 season he was within 200 yards of another 1,000 yard season and he only played in 12 games.

"Established"? Shit, he did that IN SPITE of having Tony Banks and a great list of other hasbeens and neverwillbes. He was the ONLY thing the Lambs had to fear in the mid-90s and the only player on that team most causal fans would recognize...If that isn't established I dunno what is...

Reaction score
I think the Rams need to realize their team is shit and start firing people and try to pick up some free agent talent. Bulger is getting older and really has lost the talent he once possessed. They need a guy to help them prepare for next year or the year after, but knowing the rams, they will probably try to pick the top rated guy who is available for their pick.

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
vanillathrilla said:
OL not an option? Dude you are obviously are suffering head trauma. I'm Done with you.

Ive got head trauma ???? We have like 12 OL and you want to spend our first pick on another one... :lol:

"I'm Done with you. " I want my ring back then ...Beoocth
So in your eyes all OL are equal huh? That is why I think you are retarded. We have ONE good OL player, and he is old and uncertain.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
The Rams have other issues they need to address. If all they needed was WR they wouldn't have another top 5 pick. I could see them doing that just because they know the Seahawks will probably take him if they don't and you don't want the rival getting a guy you know will be hard to cover.

But, until the Combine, it's hard to say if Crabtree is worth that pick anyways.
I think I remember hearing that Crabtree isn't going to run in the combine. It can really only hurt his stock if he does.

JGleas

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
You're claiming Issac Bruce wasn't "established" as a #1 WR before 1999?

Uh...He had a 119 Catch season in 1995 for 1,781 (second all-time EVER) and another 80+Catch 1,000+ yard season in 1996. His "awful" 1998 season was due to the fact he only played in 5 games due to injury and his '97 season he was within 200 yards of another 1,000 yard season and he only played in 12 games.

"Established"? Shit, he did that IN SPITE of having Tony Banks and a great list of other hasbeens and neverwillbes. He was the ONLY thing the Lambs had to fear in the mid-90s and the only player on that team most causal fans would recognize...If that isn't established I dunno what is...
My bad, big oversight there. I was under the impression Issac Bruce was drafted only a year or two before the Rams only checked the Rams stats in '98 and '99. Also, I never said he was "awful" in 1998. Like I said, I was under the impression it was only his first or second year, and that 38 receptions was pretty solid for a receiver that young.

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
phaZe said:

I think I remember hearing that Crabtree isn't going to run in the combine. It can really only hurt his stock if he does.
I thought the Combine was a requirement by the NFL for incoming draftees. If so, I doubt they would let players skip parts of it for no reason. I think not doing the 40 will hurt him just as much if he does do it and gets around a 4.5 time.

Top Bottom