• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

If the Rams take Crabtree then we take ?

S

Seattlehawk94

Haven't seen it yet....Going to rent it this week...

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
94-
Cause I know diddly about WSU. Other then they are the Huskies and Willingham coached there after he left ND.
Whoa! don't get those two schools confused! VERY different! Go Dawgs.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
94-
Aint that true, but I think Doug Marrone is bringing us back! Have you seen The Express? If not great movie check it out. Only bad is there are quite some inaccuracies, but overall good movie.

what were the inaccuracies? watched is sat night good movie. Someone should do a "where are they now" and ask the refs what they thought of the game. Still makes me wonder why any young black man would ever want to play for WV or Texas.

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
vanillathrilla said:
OL not an option? Dude you are obviously are suffering head trauma. I'm Done with you.

Ive got head trauma ???? We have like 12 OL and you want to spend our first pick on another one... :lol:

"I'm Done with you. " I want my ring back then ...Beoocth

how many of those 12 are any good??? 1 that may have to retire.....

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
Idahawk said:
vanillathrilla said:
OL not an option? Dude you are obviously are suffering head trauma. I'm Done with you.

Ive got head trauma ???? We have like 12 OL and you want to spend our first pick on another one... :lol:

"I'm Done with you. " I want my ring back then ...Beoocth

how many of those 12 are any good??? 1 that may have to retire.....

How would i know or how would anybody know...they haven't had a chance to play..thats the point

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
Hawk096 said:
94-
Aint that true, but I think Doug Marrone is bringing us back! Have you seen The Express? If not great movie check it out. Only bad is there are quite some inaccuracies, but overall good movie.

what were the inaccuracies? watched is sat night good movie. Someone should do a "where are they now" and ask the refs what they thought of the game. Still makes me wonder why any young black man would ever want to play for WV or Texas.

Inaccuracies:
No. 1- Scene between Brown and Davis playing lacrosse talking about SU never happened.
Reality: They met for 1 minute and Brown said "Go to Syracuse" they shook hands and Brown left.
No. 2- The Penn State score.
Reality- Game was closer in fact final score 20-18 SU.

Now there were many more. I read the book that was the true side. It was co-wrote with his mother and inspired the movie. I am going to buy the movie and watch it again to refresh my memory and I will post the rest if want. However those are the two 2 key ones. The rest of it all I think is from the book so need to see the movie and see what else.

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
How would i know or how would anybody know...they haven't had a chance to play..thats the point
If you haven't seem them play there is a reason. Our Line has struggled enough that any standout would have had a chance.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
Idahawk said:
If you haven't seem them play there is a reason. Our Line has struggled enough that any standout would have had a chance.

WRONG

Here is where your argument falls apart. The Hawk OL gave up only 1 sack over the last two games with a line consisting of Kyle Williams, Floyd Womack, Steve Vallos, Mansfield Wrotto, and Ray Willis. Not exactly househild names but they played well down the stretch. A healthy Jones, Locklear, Spencer, and Sims helps that unit out a ton. Also, the NY Giants, have on their starting line two undrafted players, a 5th rounder, a 3rd rounder, and a second rounder. See the pattern here? Good to very good OL can be had in the mid to late rounds of a draft. Stud WRs are much harder to find that late

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I find it entertaining that you both keep bantering back and forth saying the same thing you said five damned pages ago.

Good to very good OL can be had in the mid to late rounds of a draft. But Walter Jones type OL players most likely cannot. Conversely, the same really can be said of WRs. Steve Breaston was a 5th rounder, Marques Colston was a 7th rounder, Steve Smith was a 3rd rounder, TJ Houshmandzadeh was a 7th rounder, Terrell Owens was a 3rd rounder, Joe Horn was a 5th rounder, etc.

It is fair to say that the draft is a gamble, period. There are no "safe positions."

Reaction score
Lets look at some of the best linemen in the game.
Walter Jones. Taken sixth overall, well worth it.
Orlando Pace. Five Time all-pro. Was drafted #1 in 97. Ask the Rams or Kurt Warner if he was worth it.
Willie Anderson. Five time all pro. drafted #10 in 96
Steve Hutchenson. Six time pro-bowler taken at #17

What I'm trying to say here is simply that Good OL can very well be a good value for a high pick. ONCE AGAIN I LIKE CRABTREE, but if we cant get him, or he sucks it up on his pro-day, we should draft value. That to me says most likely OL. Maybe Aaron Curry or Malcom Jenkins. Don't draft some RB that shouldn't go un-till the mid 20s just because we might kind of be able to use one. There are no QB's that look like legit pro stars. Everybody can always use OL.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Tony Mandarich, Tom Ricketts, Stan Thomas, Eugene Chung, Ernest Dye, Bernard Williams, Aaron Taylor, Billy Milner, Trazelle Jenkins, John Michels, Andre Johnson, Mo Collins, Matt Stinchcomb, Aaron Gibson, Mike Williams.

Ever heard of any of those 1st round OLs? Neither have I.

You seem to not get the point in the same way that you accuse Ida of not getting the point.

"I'm done with you."

Reaction score
#18 this whole thing is because Idahawk said OL is not an option. I didn't say it was the only or even the best option. His statement was stupid, and I'm going to call that kind of statement out every time. I realize its his opinion and he has the right to have and state it no matter how dumb it or he is. O line IS A DECENT GODDAMN OPTION!

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
Tony Mandarich, Tom Ricketts, Stan Thomas, Eugene Chung, Ernest Dye, Bernard Williams, Aaron Taylor, Billy Milner, Trazelle Jenkins, John Michels, Andre Johnson, Mo Collins, Matt Stinchcomb, Aaron Gibson, Mike Williams.

Ever heard of any of those 1st round OLs? Neither have I.

You seem to not get the point in the same way that you accuse Ida of not getting the point.

"I'm done with you."
Andre Johnson is probably one of the best WRs in the league today. The only reason you don't know him is because he is on the Texans and no one watches the Texans. :D

Highlights: [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=AJNFRGqZZr4"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=AJNFRGqZZr4[/ame]

Reaction score
Phaze he's not talking about Andre Johnson the WR. If you read a little more carefully you'll see he's talking about the 1st round offensive lineman Andre Johnson who's career went nowhere. You did prove his point quite nicely though.

Top Bottom