• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LOST THE BATTLE, BUT WILL WIN THE WAR~

Chuck Patrick

Huddler
Reaction score
If I were a 49ers fan this a.m. and found out that I didn't win a Million Bucks like their players thought they did yesterday after the end of that game, I would be reminded out just that one thing, even with the smallest of hope to meet the Hawks in S.F. for a playoff game, they would probably lose. Last two meetings in S.F. the Hawks lose by a total of 9 pts., last two meetings in Seattle, the Hawks win by a total of 55! Niners even know it that they've got no shot in Seattle. Know it in their hearts!!! To think the otherwise they would have had to have buried the Hawks, but they actually should have lost. To any Niners fans reading this, you won the battle but I wouldn't even come to Seattle if you're lucky enough to have the opportunity to play us again. You will have a LONG, LONG, ride home.

Idahawk

Reaction score
They were missing players early in the season and lost games because of it , we had the same issues but managed to win those games some just barely. If both teams hit the ground running next year it won't be as easy , chalk this year up to a bit of luck along with talent .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
49ers will have cap issues before we do though, I could see them loosing some players next year. Hopefully us not until the following year.

HAWKS SB2014

Huddler
Reaction score
Harvins contract could be a problem. It could keep us from signing a key guy while he continues to miss more time to injury. I say trade him for a top 10 pick and draft Mike Evans after he helps us to a championship this year.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk HD

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think Percy will be a hard trade next year, unless he just totally rocks it in the playoffs.
If we win a SB everything is all worth it, but yeah I agree that his contract will definitely handicap our ability to resign desired players next year.

Reaction score
I think Percy will be a hard trade next year, unless he just totally rocks it in the playoffs.
If we win a SB everything is all worth it, but yeah I agree that his contract will definitely handicap our ability to resign desired players next year.
I agree after what has transpired this season I doubt we'd get half of what we gave up. His injury issues now make him a high risk commodity. Also, moving him with that contract will damn near impossible. Let's just hope he comes back guns blazing and we kill in the playoffs.

Part of me thinks Pete is sitting him because he wants him to be 100%. He knew that Niner game would be physical and their LBs and DBs would to take every opportunity to take Percy out of the game and potentially end his season. He knows the likely hood that we face Manning or Brady in the SB is pretty good and we will need an explosive guy like Percy to win what could turn into a shoot out.

That's me being optimistic. The pessimist in me thinks this could be a disasters like the Branch trade. If that's the case this will go down as the biggest mishap by this otherwise excellent front office.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I agree after what has transpired this season I doubt we'd get half of what we gave up. His injury issues now make him a high risk commodity. Also, moving him with that contract will damn near impossible. Let's just hope he comes back guns blazing and we kill in the playoffs.

Part of me thinks Pete is sitting him because he wants him to be 100%. He knew that Niner game would be physical and their LBs and DBs would to take every opportunity to take Percy out of the game and potentially end his season. He knows the likely hood that we face Manning or Brady in the SB is pretty good and we will need an explosive guy like Percy to win what could turn into a shoot out.

That's me being optimistic. The pessimist in me thinks this could be a disasters like the Branch trade. If that's the case this will go down as the biggest mishap by this otherwise excellent front office.

He was high risk when we signed him , I agree we can't dump him for face value , and he's probably got a contract written in such a way that he controls everything anyway , outside of being straight up released .Either way he's expensive , better to hope he just gets better and contributes long term . I think he will .

I hope he will

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
probably got a contract written in such a way that he controls everything anyway , outside of being straight up released

That's the question right there, how was his contract done. With his past injuries you would think there were some clauses writen in it, but favoring who?
As you can see his big cap hit is next year, interesting how little he earned this year, especially given his playing time. Of course there is the Guaranteed money which is 14.5 large.

Base bonus
2013 2,500,000 2,400,000 - 4,900,000 14,500,000
2014 11,000,000 2,400,000 - 13,400,000 12,100,000
2015 10,500,000 2,400,000 - 12,900,000 9,700,000
2016 9,900,000 2,400,000 - 12,300,000 7,300,000
2017 9,950,000 2,400,000 - 12,350,000 4,900,000
2018 11,150,000 - - 11,150,000 -

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
The only thing Hawk fans can do is hope he finds some stability with his health. He's still pretty young so I'm probably more hopeful than some. That's the only thing you CAN do at this point because he's untradeable now. We're stuck with him.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
He is very young I think 23? He came into the league young.
If he hits a couple home runs in the playoffs and helps go to Disneyland, all this talk is moot.

He's the seahawks Robinson Cano.

Reaction score
He is very young I think 23? He came into the league young.
If he hits a couple home runs in the playoffs and helps go to Disneyland, all this talk is moot.

He's the seahawks Robinson Cano.
He's 25.

Unfortunately, unlike in Baseball, the Seahawks do have a salary cap.

Idahawk

Reaction score
He's 25.

Unfortunately, unlike in Baseball, the Seahawks do have a salary cap.

Isn't Tate going to be a FA and Rice is ...well , sadly done In Seattle

Harvin's looking like the main weapon in the passing game next season , they have to make sure he's right or find out if he can get right . I would assume he'd have to play a certain amount of games for him to get paid we would all write that into the contract based on his history. I don't think its doom and gloom , I think its pure hope that he pans out and can earn is money, if not we cut bait .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Tate and Baldwin are FA next year.

I hope we can sign both, RIce gone, Percy.... jury's out.

Reaction score
Yes, which means we get the chance to match or get a draft pick.
I have this feeling that a lot of our guys are more valuable to us than other teams.

Plus, it's clear that guys want to play for the Seahawks. Guys want to be part of the best team in the NFL. God it feels to say that lol.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I have this feeling that a lot of our guys are more valuable to us than other teams.

Plus, it's clear that guys want to play for the Seahawks. Guys want to be part of the best team in the NFL. God it feels to say that lol.

Tate is RW's BFF
Baldwin is making a case for being a top slot guy so might be hard to keep, but your right about value to us.
Kearse we have for another year
Rice - Bye bye
Harvin - No comment.

OP
Chuck Patrick

Chuck Patrick

Huddler
Reaction score
All I know is when it's time for Russell to get his contract, they better get Allen to short the market and talk to Warren Buffet about where to get the CASH to pay this guy. I can see at least 7 yrs. 140-175 million. They better get busy and think ahead for when that time comes.

Reaction score
All I know is when it's time for Russell to get his contract, they better get Allen to short the market and talk to Warren Buffet about where to get the CASH to pay this guy. I can see at least 7 yrs. 140-175 million. They better get busy and think ahead for when that time comes.
Maybe I'm being naive and way to optimistic but I'm not worrie about resigning Wilson. I expect the Seahawks will extended him before he becomes a FA. I expect it will be a big contract but I don't expect Wilson demanding anything crazy like Flaccoesque. I could be way off but Wilson seems like the type of guy that would take $12 million a year and leave the team with some wiggle room to resign other guys. He wouldn't cripple the team for an extra few million that he doesn't really need. I think he'll sacrifice a couple million to win a few Championships.

Top Bottom