• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Offseason: Rumors, Signings & Trades - Official Thread

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Stunned about the Olsen trade! Absolutely stunned he was sent packing for so little in return. Panthers GM must have some lucky rabbit's foot. I know we're good at tight end, but having watched him play last season and in fantasy, surprised he was let go for the 3rd round pick. "The Martz effect"

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I think the Panthers really wanted to get some TEs. Shockey is a nice Vet and Olsen is a decent TE. They probably wanted TEs to help Newton out. It'll make his NFL adjustment easier.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I think the Panthers really wanted to get some TEs. Shockey is a nice Vet and Olsen is a decent TE. They probably wanted TEs to help Newton out. It'll make his NFL adjustment easier.

Brilliant move for Carolina. I just don't see myself as the Bears GM saying, "A 3rd for Olsen, done deal!" Sorry, but he was a 1st round pick and is not a bust. Only way this works is if you have to jettison salary. You just don't normally dump young guys to clear cap space.

Reaction score
Supposedly Hawks signed DT Alan Branch. I don't really recall him being spectacular with AZ... your thoughts??

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Plays NT but John Clayton says he will play DE for the Hawks. Not bad stats last year, 35 tackles, 2 fumbles, and 2 sacks. I see it as a low-risk high reward signing.

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Cromartie would be sick definitly better then what the hawks currently have. Kind of a shame VY isn't comin to seattle. Yeah he has something to prove still but I don't think he should be stuck as a back up for some years unless vick gets hurt which may actually be likely

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
VY, CW, TJack, would be very competative, but Eagles picked him up I heard?

Leroy Hill was resigned, that is a 'hopeful' sign, if he could return to form he could be a starter.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
oh i see we signed all our drafts but Moffit, whats his deal anyways?

ME-BANE! ME-BANE! ME-BANE!

OP
RockOutWithYourHawkOut
Reaction score
Seahawks are close to signing Mebane it looks like. Right now, that's all I really care about. After him, they better go after some help in the secondary...

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't know if we'll get Cromartie...how much money will we have after Mebane? If we can't get Cromartie, I say we go after either Brent Grimes, Nate Clements, or Carlos Rodgers.

Reaction score
I don't, and I don't like the money we'd have to pay him either. It would take VY half a season to even begin to understand how to run a WCO.

Reaction score
If the Jets end up signing Nnamdi, then there is a good chance they'll be willing to part with Cromartie for a good price. He's a big CB, 6'2" 211 lbs and I think he fits the mold of what Pete wants in CB pretty well.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
If the Jets end up signing Nnamdi, then there is a good chance they'll be willing to part with Cromartie for a good price. He's a big CB, 6'2" 211 lbs and I think he fits the mold of what Pete wants in CB pretty well.
Huh? Cromartie is an unrestricted free agent, right? We won't have to negotiate with the Jets...it'll be Cromartie's price to make, not the Jets. He's probably going to cost us around 7-9M a year which at this point, I don't think we'll have after we resign Mebane.

Reaction score
Oh I thought he was still under contract with NY... damn you Wikipedia! I really hope they go after him then.

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
VY, CW, TJack, would be very competative, but Eagles picked him up I heard?

Leroy Hill was resigned, that is a 'hopeful' sign, if he could return to form he could be a starter.

If he returns to form i have no doubt in my mind he will start. IMO the LB with the most potential weve had in a long time.

Top Bottom