• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Offseason: Rumors, Signings & Trades - Official Thread

OP
RockOutWithYourHawkOut
Reaction score
Pretty sure they can afford Cromartie. If I remember correctly they had around $40MM to spend to start the year off, Jackson, Gallery, and Rice took up a 3rd of it. Mebane will probably cost something like $6-7MM. Going purely based off memory, so there's a good possibility I'm wrong.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
we had either the 2nd or 3rd best cap space i cant remember wich tho, the bucs were the highest space

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
After we sign our FA's rookies and MEBANE will probably have around 10M left ya think?
Anyone that involved to keep track of our cap? Anyways I think we'll be able make 1 or 2 moves.
I'm still pulling for Osi or Cromartie or Jenkins, in that order.

OP
RockOutWithYourHawkOut
Reaction score
Another thing that wouldn't surprise me in the least, is added payroll, if the right deal presents itself.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I like the Alan Branch signing too, another big big body in the middle.
Maybe we can have the same run stuffing D we did early last year!!

OP
RockOutWithYourHawkOut
Reaction score
After doing a little bit of research, the new salary-cap is set at $120.375 Million. Seahawks cap is said to be around $81MM, and right now they're somewhere around $70MM, according to my math.

Reaction score
I'm sure Carroll and Schneider will make 4 or 5 more signings/re-signings before their first preseason game. They need another kicker to compete unless they are sold on the UDFA Byrum. They also need guys at safety, LB and CB as well as depth along the OL and DL.

OP
RockOutWithYourHawkOut
Reaction score
They should really try to retain Brock. Productive, and they could really use his veteran presence.

Reaction score
They will need some one behind Chancellor....

I agree on Brock.

Linebacking core this year because Lofa is hurt again.
OLB:Hill MLB:Heater OLB:Curry

Reaction score
Im hearing that Malcom Smith, the super fast linebacker out of SC, practiced in that spot with the number ones and impressed maybe he starts?

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I think we try to sign a CB like Brent Grimes for 4-6M a year and then maybe resign Brock for 4-6M remaining. I like Grimes for that price, he's a ballhawk. Picture him with Trufant (or Thurmond), Thomas, and Chancellor.

Reaction score
Interesting fact - Seahawks only have 3 guys over 30: Cole (31), Gallery (31), Trufant (30).

They might have more guys over 30, but that's from the Seahawks current roster on their website.

Top Bottom