• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks vs Bronco's Superbowl thread

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Epic battle of Bronco offense verses Seahawks offense and defense. ;)

Hawks for life

Idahawk

Reaction score
No love lost for the Broncos from me . Hated Elway back in the days of the AFC west and hate em now ! Let's not forget Manning wouldn't even talk to Pete Carroll and John Schenider , wouldn't give them the time of day . I guess he didn't figure we had anything to offer him up here in the North West !

I wanted The Rematch with Luck , but this will do . Pass on us , we Pass on you .

Free Brandon Browner

Last edited:

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Peyton Manning is arguably the best QB of his generation. Takes off a year for injury then immediately back to the super bowl with a new team. He has no peer. Unfortunately he can't be expected to do it all against the Seahawks defense. I'm shocked the line is 2.5 Seahawks. I expect it to increase to at least 4. I hope he retires after this game.

OP
BleedsBlue12

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I think Manning makes this a legitimate battle for the trophy. What more can you ask for? I hate the Bronco's but Manning is always classy...I mean I want him to lose big time but he'll be a classy loser.

If I were a betting man I'd put it all on the Seahawks and take those points without blinking an eye. I'm actually glad they aren't favored, they feed off that crap like a pack of wild dogs.

I think Wilson and Lynch have already played this game in their heads a million times. I don't see them being denied a victory. If they can't stop the Beast it's gonna get ugly in the 4th quarter.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Peyton Manning is arguably the best QB of his generation. Takes off a year for injury then immediately back to the super bowl with a new team. He has no peer. Unfortunately he can't be expected to do it all against the Seahawks defense. I'm shocked the line is 2.5 Seahawks. I expect it to increase to at least 4. I hope he retires after this game.

A real legend in the rust belt eh ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
BleedsBlue12

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Funny thought came to mind.

In the preseason 2012 I mentioned to a coworker (Bears fan) that I watched this QB Wilson play in the first preseason game and I'm thinking we should start this kid because he's got great skills. He says yeah, he's a wasted 2nd round pic.

I remember it like it was yesterday he said with a laugh "He's like "5-10" and you already signed your QB. That guy probably will be on the practice squad. The Seahawks would be stupid to start him. I thought you knew football, that's crazy?" I said, screw that, this kid is special.

After spanking his ass in bets for two years he's finally changed his tune. ;)

Wilson has that it factor. He probably has that for everything he does. I knew it then and I know it now.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
N Let's not forget Manning wouldn't even talk to Pete Carroll and John Schenider , wouldn't give them the time of day .
Free Brandon Browner

Good side story, even the front office has a chip now!

As much as I feel confident in this game, I want to start to reel it back a bit.

Broncos pretty much coasted into the playoffs, not sure we have even seen their best game.

That team knows how to game plan, and they have a very savy and talented roster!

OP
BleedsBlue12

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score

As much as I feel confident in this game, I want to start to reel it back a bit.

Broncos pretty much coasted into the playoffs, not sure we have even seen their best game.

That team knows how to game plan, and they have a very savy and talented roster!

They flew the Seahawks jet there and waited on the runway for Peyton. I know that's gotta cost some coin.

I'm glad we didn't get him, we would have never signed half these guys and the way Peyton plays annoys me...but he's a winner I'll give him that.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I considered it a slight , it's harkens back to the days when free agents wouldn't touch Seattle with a ten pole . You send a plane and get a " no thanks " not now, not ever response?

Every time we sack his ass , I hope they tell him " shoulda got on the plane " " shoulda got on the plane "

Free Brandon Browner

OP
BleedsBlue12

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Hahaha..."you shoulda got on that plane bro." Funny ass shiitte!

Sent from a cell at the CLink...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Kam says "You should have got on that plane, bro."

CAM BRONCOS.jpeg

Reaction score

I beg to differ. They score 24 and 26 points and the Chargers almost pulled that one out if not for total blown coverage on the 3rd and 17 where Manning hit Thomas. Both games were in Denver with great weather.

This game is for the rights to it all. The Broncos have only seen this type of defense and that was in Seattle back in August and that was a tiny sample. I don't think Avril or Clemons played then. LOB is going to bring it. Marshawn is going to go into an all time BEAST MODe and just eat clock all day.

Hawks lead 21-17 with 1:48 left in the 4th. Broncos have the ball and just converted a 3rd and 11 on a very questionable PI call on Kam Chancellor. Broncos have a 1st and 10 at the Seattle 40. Manning takes the snap, fakes to Moreno, Irvin doesn't bite and comes in untouched. Manning tries to get rid of it as he's hit, the ball flutters, Sherman jumps up and snatches the ball from the air and takes it 69 yards to the house. Hawks win 28-17. Sherman is Super Bowl MVP. A teared eyed and emotional Manning announces his retirement at his post game press conference.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I beg to differ. They score 24 and 26 points and the Chargers almost pulled that one out if not for total blown coverage on the 3rd and 17 where Manning hit Thomas. Both games were in Denver with great weather.

.... And what I mean by that, is they handled teams in the regular season easily. Look at the scores of their games.
http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=DEN

Granted they had the easiest SOS (strength of schedule) to start with, teams like KC, and Philly, turned out to be better then originally thought.

By the bye they were alot like us, only lost to the colts, and best in the AFC.

So in the second half I think they coasted, beating inferior teams badly and losing only to a couple hot teams.

SD was very hot coming into the playoffs so I am not surprised that was a close game.

But still, I think like the Seahawks, they have been holding out their best game for the final couple of match-ups.
I haven't watched the NE/Den Game yet, but I remember hearing the score and it seemed like Denver had a handle on the game from beginning to end.

OP
BleedsBlue12

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
The Denver receivers were running free on NE. Manning was as clean as the 3rd string QB after that game.

"That is something we will have to remedy..."

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Denver has an excellent WR core, but I don't think their O-Line is that great.

I'm just trying not to get overconfident. Vegas still has Denver at -2.5

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I think the NFC is way above the AFC, we heard it throughout the season this year. If things start to go bad for the Broncos early it could be a blow out. Could get ugly like Tyson biting an ear ugly.

Analysts are giving us the edge for foul weather, and if it isn't snowing it's will still be damn cold.

I do wish I could say I'm more confident than I was in 2005 and we all know how that went down. All I can say is this team has fought hard to get here and when I look at the energy, it looks pretty clear on who wants it more. In this case Manning vs. the entire NW.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
What makes this match up so interesting is that these teams haven't played each other (preseason notwithstanding), or like opponents. Broncos has not faced very many top defenses, and we have not faced a passing attack like they have.

My gut tells me this defense could lock down receivers, and put a hurt on Payton and really run away with this game, but my brain tells me it will be close and they are closely matched #1 vs. #1 but it is so hard to gauge because both sides of the ball are so extremely good!

One match up that will be fun to keep an eye on is Knighton (DT) vs. Unger, this is starting to get heated up!

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think we will stuff run and make the Broncos one dimensional , then Manning is going to have to dink and dunk his way up and down the field . The Broncos will move the ball , but the red zone will be extremely difficult for the Broncos .
I think our rotations on both sides of the ball or depth is a huge factor in the Seahawks winning this game . I think this a take over in the 4th quarter by the Seahawks . Wilson MVP with a huge day

Free Brandon Browner

nicepony

Huddler
Reaction score
hello Seahawks. new to the forum. thought I'd just drop by and see what your take on the game was. I'm a Denver fan, not much of a trash talker. I don't know what to expect Sunday, I haven't watched many Seahawk games this season. but anyway, just glad to be here.

Top Bottom