• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seems most everyone has Denver in SB already.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I thought the discussion was whether or not they make the superbowl. NFC teams don't enter that equation. The Chiefs are No. 2 in the AFC in pass defense at the moment.

There was another thread that I started a little while back in which I posed the question of whether we can beat Denver right now. My only concern with Denver is within the context of how the Hawks stack up to them in the possibility of a Super Bowl matchup. Sometimes I get the two topics mixed up.
As for KC, they've given up the fewest points in the league so far with two matchups coming up with Denver so we'll see what a top defense does against them. But if Denver torches them like they've been doing everyone else, that spells trouble for the rest of the league (they've already blown the Ravens' D out of the water and the Ravens' D has been pretty solid otherwise). The game against Indy next week will be worth paying attention to as well since they are maybe one of the only teams in the conference that might have a shot at beating them particularly since it's a home game.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
There was another thread that I started a little while back in which I posed the question of whether we can beat Denver right now. My only concern with Denver is within the context of how the Hawks stack up to them in the possibility of a Super Bowl matchup. Sometimes I get the two topics mixed up.
As for KC, they've given up the fewest points in the league so far with two matchups coming up with Denver so we'll see what a top defense does against them. But if Denver torches them like they've been doing everyone else, that spells trouble for the rest of the league (they've already blown the Ravens' D out of the water and the Ravens' D has been pretty solid otherwise). The game against Indy next week will be worth paying attention to as well since they are maybe one of the only teams in the conference that might have a shot at beating them particularly since it's a home game.

Ah, got it.

Hey, don't worry about it. The Niners will handle that Superbowl issue. :)

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Dallas put up 48 points on them on Sunday.

I guess now we get to see if that's a result of complacency and flat out laziness on the part of their defense because of the offense being able to score so many points.

OP
S

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
Not so fast my friend. They are undefeated yes but look at who they have played. Two of the worst teams in the NFL. Four teams with their total combined wins at four. They haven't shown me any quality wins, just that they can run the score up on bad teams. Maybe before people start putting them in the SB they should wait until they win against a quality team especally on the road.
Well they finally played that quality team and they lost. The Colts got pressure on Manning and didn't give him a lot of time to get rid of the ball. Seahawks did the same thing to Denver in preseason. That's the key to beating Denver in my opinion. Denver might not even win their division.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think Denver is still the better team , better than Indy and better than the Chiefs . Indy is good at home but on the road not so much and the loss of Reggie Wayne is huge .

The chiefs remind me of a few Seahawks teams from the past in that they are winning but they have had an easy schedule so far . They have a good run game and defense but banking on stopping Luck and Manning in the playoffs isn't a great plan for post season success , I think the Broncos and Chargers beat KC simply because they can out score KC .

Sep 8 @JAC W 28-2
Sep 15 DAL W 17-16
Sep 19 @PHI W 26-16
Sep 29 NYG W 31-7
Oct 6 @TEN W 26-17
Oct 13 OAK W 24-7
Oct 20 HOU W 17-16

No exactly powerhouse opponents and they still have 2 games each with the broncos and chargers .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Manning's immobility has always been his downfall. If you can play the WR aggressive and bring a good rush they better have one hell of a running game or he's sunk.

Reaction score
Manning's immobility has always been his downfall. If you can play the WR aggressive and bring a good rush they better have one hell of a running game or he's sunk.

Especially when you consider they're missing one of the better LTs in football for the rest of the season.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Especially when you consider they're missing one of the better LTs in football for the rest of the season.

If we make it to the show, there is not a team in the NFL that we don't match up with right now. Wait until our starters return. The depth of the Seahawk well of talent is insane. I'd say their scouting and player evaluation is second to none.

We don't have one Koren Robinson or Joey Galloway on this team. That alone is huge. You can chalk that up to great coaching.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Denver's issue wasn't Manning. He still racked up 386 yards 3 TD and a pick while throwing at a secondary that was toe to toe with their WRs all night long. As well as Indy played, Denver still should have probably won that game so I wouldn't exactly describe that as Manning being "sunk".
It's their defense that's making them beatable right now. As long as their defense remains as one of the worst in the league then balanced teams like Indy, the Hawks, Niners, Saints can compete with them. And KC too I guess.

OP
S

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
The Seahawks now have their pass rushers in place and I have heard on ESPN that they now have one of the best groups of pass rushers in the league. They can rush from several positions. Add that to the best secondary and very good d-line and they probably have the best defence in the NFL. They have good RB's, Good recievers and Harvin ready to play and a good young QB that doesn't make many mistakes. The o-line needs Okung back and healthy and that will cut down on the pressure Wilson has been getting and give him the protection he needs. This team is getting stronger every week. They are getting stronger at the right time. Do I think Denve is beatable? The colts proved that. Do I think the Seahawks can beat Denver? The answer to that is yes, the Hawks are getting healthy at the right time. I think they can put a good rush on Manning and put him on the run. Shut down Denvers running game and raise havic with the d-backs on their passing game.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Denver's issue wasn't Manning. He still racked up 386 yards 3 TD and a pick while throwing at a secondary that was toe to toe with their WRs all night long. As well as Indy played, Denver still should have probably won that game so I wouldn't exactly describe that as Manning being "sunk".
It's their defense that's making them beatable right now. As long as their defense remains as one of the worst in the league then balanced teams like Indy, the Hawks, Niners, Saints can compete with them. And KC too I guess.
Yep. Defenses win Championships.

Reaction score
Well they finally played that quality team and they lost. The Colts got pressure on Manning and didn't give him a lot of time to get rid of the ball. Seahawks did the same thing to Denver in preseason. That's the key to beating Denver in my opinion. Denver might not even win their division.
That was a fantastic game by the Colts defense. That secondary played out of their mind and I think everyone would agree our secondary is better.

Play man coverage and unique stunts, blitzes etc. Manning was under pressure most of the night and even with his quick release, he couldn't get it done.

I think Denver should drop to 3, Seattle @2 and KC rigbtfull
Yep. Defenses win Championships.

It sure does but Manning didn't help the situation at all. It almost appeared like he came in totally unprepared and not expecting the Colts defense to bring it like they did.

I truly think he came in thinking it was going to be another Bronco blow out with him just throwing deep fades and go routes to his all star WRs all game. Once that went to shit, he didn't adjust. And the score was a closer than the game really was. Wasn't it 30+ - 14 Colts late in the 3rd.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Play man coverage and unique stunts, blitzes etc. Manning was under pressure most of the night and even with his quick release, he couldn't get it done.
386/3/1 and 33 points. That I think would pass as "getting it done." Or at least in most circumstances if you're not giving up 39.

I truly think he came in thinking it was going to be another Bronco blow out with him just throwing deep fades and go routes to his all star WRs all game. Once that went to shit, he didn't adjust. And the score was a closer than the game really was. Wasn't it 30+ - 14 Colts late in the 3rd.
After all these years playing in the league you still think he thinks like a naive rookie? One thing that makes Manning the QB he is is respecting and therefore knowing his opponent. What you described is something someone like Ryan Leaf would have done and that's why he's not in the league anymore. And as far as the game not being as close as the score indicated, I saw it the other way. The score wasn't indicative of how close Indy came from losing it. And now, looking back at the box score, Manning actually had a significantly better game statistically than Luck did.
Statistically Denver's defense also played better than the Hawks' defense too. They gave up fewer first downs, far lower 3rd down conversion efficiency (Indy was 5-17 against Denver and 7-12 against us). Total yards allowed was pretty close: 334 Denver, 317 Hawks. Denver played about the same type of defensive game against Indy that we did.

Once that went to shit, he didn't adjust.
Denver had the momentum in the 4th quarter. That game could have gone either way. They don't fumble the ball at the Indy 5 yard line and they get the earlier 2 point conversion it might have been a different game. The loss was pretty similar to the Hawks' loss to Indy. The main difference was the momentum shifts. The Hawks had it and the lead for most of the game and it shifted to Indy's favor in the 4th quarter. In this game, Indy had it for most of the game and it shifted away from them in Denver's favor in the 4th quarter.

It was nice to see Denver lose because it shows that they can bleed. But I wouldn't read too much into the loss. They could still end up 15-1.

Reaction score
386/3/1 and 33 points. That I think would pass as "getting it done." Or at least in most circumstances if you're not giving up 39.

After all these years playing in the league you still think he thinks like a naive rookie? One thing that makes Manning the QB he is is respecting and therefore knowing his opponent. What you described is something someone like Ryan Leaf would have done and that's why he's not in the league anymore. And as far as the game not being as close as the score indicated, I saw it the other way. The score wasn't indicative of how close Indy came from losing it. And now, looking back at the box score, Manning actually had a significantly better game statistically than Luck did.
Statistically Denver's defense also played better than the Hawks' defense too. They gave up fewer first downs, far lower 3rd down conversion efficiency (Indy was 5-17 against Denver and 7-12 against us). Total yards allowed was pretty close: 334 Denver, 317 Hawks. Denver played about the same type of defensive game against Indy that we did.

Denver had the momentum in the 4th quarter. That game could have gone either way. They don't fumble the ball at the Indy 5 yard line and they get the earlier 2 point conversion it might have been a different game. The loss was pretty similar to the Hawks' loss to Indy. The main difference was the momentum shifts. The Hawks had it and the lead for most of the game and it shifted to Indy's favor in the 4th quarter. In this game, Indy had it for most of the game and it shifted away from them in Denver's favor in the 4th quarter.

It was nice to see Denver lose because it shows that they can bleed. But I wouldn't read too much into the loss. They could still end up 15-1.
Because the box score tells EVERYTHING.

He looked like dog shit sitting in a crock pot on high for 12 hours. Most of his numbers came in the 4th. I don't see you posting his fumbles... One that cost them a safety and the ball.

He looked rattled. He was hearing foot steps. Throwing some bad passes and didn't look very savvy for 3 quarters.

The Colts almost lost that game, Denver didn't almost win it.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
He looked like dog shit sitting in a crock pot on high for 12 hours.

The Colts almost lost that game, Denver didn't almost win it.

Fair enough. But if that's what you call Manning looking like dog shit sitting in a crock pot on high for 12 hours and he racks up 386 yards anyway, I'd hate to see what he does on a good day.
I'm no Manning fan but I think all the stuff I keep hearing about him not being able to handle the pressure is blown a bit out of proportion. The only team that beat them last year was the team that won the Super Bowl and it was either the result of off the charts heroics by Flacco or a historic choke by Denver's defense, however you want to look at it. But once again, the end for them wasn't all that different than how it ended for us in Atlanta last year.

This isn't about defending Denver. It's more about the Seahawks actually. Both lost to Indy and I can't bring myself to write off one team because of it and not the other. You know what I've been telling the Hawk haters about that Indy game? Any given Sunday. So I guess I'll have to stick with that on Denver's behalf too.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I still want to see Manning play another good team. I'm still not impressed by Denver's numbers or stats. That was their first test and they lost. After watching that game, there's no doubt in my mind we could take them and at least keep it close if not win. The recipe for beating them isn't rocket science, pressure and play a crap ton of man if you have the corners to do it. Colts did that and it worked like a charm for most of the game.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
I still want to see Manning play another good team. I'm still not impressed by Denver's numbers or stats. That was their first test and they lost. After watching that game, there's no doubt in my mind we could take them and at least keep it close if not win. The recipe for beating them isn't rocket science, pressure and play a crap ton of man if you have the corners to do it. Colts did that and it worked like a charm for most of the game.
Niners have embarrassed the Broncos in the Superbowl before. I predict a repeat this year. :)

Top Bottom