• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

sherman wanting more money?

Mark Ramich

Huddler
Reaction score
i heard from family in washington state that ol richard sherman is wanting more money and the seahawks are considering letting him go to save moneys for those who are gonna insist on having it in the future? i heard it was all over the radio this morn up there on am 710 you all know anything?

OP
M

Mark Ramich

Huddler
Reaction score
thats what i thought, have you heard anything about it?

Reaction score
I heard Russell Wilson is going to hold out for the next two seasons until he's eligible for a new contract. Heard from a gas station attendant that knows a guy that works for the garbage service in Pierce County who heard it on a Danny & Brock on 710.

OP
M

Mark Ramich

Huddler
Reaction score
ya hear things all the time i just wanted to confirm here whether or not its valid, i had a post a while back regarding wilson's agent thinkin russel wanted to renegotiate his rookie contract it was all over the internet but no one else heard of it so i dont know what to make of what ya hear i know people get greedy and it saddens me that this kind of crap happens when seattle FINALLY has their ducks in a row

Reaction score
[="Mark Ramich, post: 46379, member: 1376"]ya hear things all the time i just wanted to confirm here whether or not its valid, i had a post a while back regarding wilson's agent thinkin russel wanted to renegotiate his rookie contract it was all over the internet but no one else heard of it so i dont know what to make of what ya hear i know people get greedy and it saddens me that this kind of crap happens when seattle FINALLY has their ducks in a row[/quote]
Bro I was just yanking your chain. I doubt any of that about Sherman is truly. Like Flip pointed out, he's not even elegible for a new contract until after his third year. Even then, I highly doubt the Seahawks will just cut him unless be demands some ridiculous contract. The defensive back unit seem to be a tight knit one that want to stay together. Kam resigned to a good but not outrageous deal. I expect Earl will be resigned soon and Sherman shortly after. The Seahawks can always franchise him for a year to buy time if needed.

Reaction score
PC seems to value safeties more than CBs. I wouldn't be completely shocked if they let Sherm walk if his demands were too high.

Reaction score
PC seems to value safeties more than CBs. I wouldn't be completely shocked if they let Sherm walk if his demands were too high.
How do you figure?? I seem to recall Pete talking on several occasions how he covets big physical corners and he has been looking for guys like Browner and Sherman since his days at SC. Sherman is the most dominant corner in the league. The opposing QB rating when targeting Sherman is an insane 40.something. I don't think the Hawks will let him walk. I do think the team dynamic is strong and Sherman will probably sign for something more modest than he could get on the open market, but I imagine its a deal that will still make him a very rich man and deservedly so.

Reaction score
He took ET in the 1st round. Highest pick he's ever spent on a CB is a 5th rounder. It's not common for a team to pay 2 top end safeties and a top end corner, extending Kam means they're likely planning on doing that. But given the choice between Sherm and ET, I take ET 100 out of 100 times.

Reaction score
That's a totally different argument. I too would take Earl over Sherm. ET was drafted that high because he was expected to go that high. Him and Eric Berry were the best safeties coming out that year and Earl was being compared to Ed Reed and Polamalu coming out of college. He was taken there because he was probably easily the best player on their board and filled a huge need for the team. Sherman wasn't expected to go higher than the 4th or 5th if I remember correcting so it doesn't really make sense to compare the two when it comes to when they were drafted.

Sherman is one of the best if not the best corner in the league. I don't think you'd argue against that. I do think the Seahawks will have the capability to keep both ET and Sherman if he's willing to take a home team discount. As much of a douche as Sherman appears, I have not once heard him state any kind of displeasure with his contract. He feels slightly that he was drafted so late and wants to prove everyone wrong but I don't hear him complaining that the Seahawks aren't paying him enough. I expect that Sherman, Earl and Kam will be together on this team for a long long time granted they all stay healthy.

OP
M

Mark Ramich

Huddler
Reaction score
you guys thoughts are nice to hear i hope so, yall havent heard anything on the radio huh? regarding this crap? i am down here in 40 whiner country and i dont hear much on the seahawks unless its on the internet or nfl channel or rumors thank god for dtv. thanks guys

Reaction score
Mark Ramich I haven't heard anything of that sort on the radio. Sherman was just on with Softy on KJR earlier this week and the topic wasn't even brought up. Download iHeart radio and listen to 950AM KJR in Seattle.

Reaction score
That's a totally different argument. I too would take Earl over Sherm. ET was drafted that high because he was expected to go that high. Him and Eric Berry were the best safeties coming out that year and Earl was being compared to Ed Reed and Polamalu coming out of college. He was taken there because he was probably easily the best player on their board and filled a huge need for the team. Sherman wasn't expected to go higher than the 4th or 5th if I remember correcting so it doesn't really make sense to compare the two when it comes to when they were drafted.

Sherman is one of the best if not the best corner in the league. I don't think you'd argue against that. I do think the Seahawks will have the capability to keep both ET and Sherman if he's willing to take a home team discount. As much of a douche as Sherman appears, I have not once heard him state any kind of displeasure with his contract. He feels slightly that he was drafted so late and wants to prove everyone wrong but I don't hear him complaining that the Seahawks aren't paying him enough. I expect that Sherman, Earl and Kam will be together on this team for a long long time granted they all stay healthy.

They've had opportunities to take CBs higher, they also took their safeties before they took corners even though they needed both.

And yes, Sherman is one of the top CBs in the league. But I do think he's very much a system player, and not nearly as close to as valuable to the defense as ET. If they see Sherman as expendable, because they don't believe in spending money on corners, or there's someone cheaper out there that can step in and so similar things, or if the league adapts somehow and they want to alter the system, or if Sherman can't find enough people to feel disrespected by to keep that chip on his shoulder and his production falls, I can absolutely see us letting him walk.

OP
M

Mark Ramich

Huddler
Reaction score
Mark Ramich I haven't heard anything of that sort on the radio. Sherman was just on with Softy on KJR earlier this week and the topic wasn't even brought up. Download iHeart radio and listen to 950AM KJR in Seattle.
are you sure about the 950? i thought kjr was 95.7

Reaction score
They've had opportunities to take CBs higher, they also took their safeties before they took corners even though they needed both.

And yes, Sherman is one of the top CBs in the league. But I do think he's very much a system player, and not nearly as close to as valuable to the defense as ET. If they see Sherman as expendable, because they don't believe in spending money on corners, or there's someone cheaper out there that can step in and so similar things, or if the league adapts somehow and they want to alter the system, or if Sherman can't find enough people to feel disrespected by to keep that chip on his shoulder and his production falls, I can absolutely see us letting him walk.

Dude you make me laugh sometimes...

What other safeties were drafted high? Kam was a 5th round pick (as was Sherman), when did they get Jeron Johnson? UFA. What other safeties?? Please tell me.

They drafted Thurmond and Maxwell in the 4th. All this really means nothing. But I'm just putting it on here to show you're spewing garbage.

Earl was drafted #14 overall because he was considered a top 10-15 pick coming out that year and once in a decade type of player. It has no reflection on whether of not Pete covets safeties over corners, like you claim he does. Show me where Pete or John said that... even once... please find it.

Sherman is a system player? Really? Would Sherman be able to play the way he does without Earl? Probably not, but that doesn't make him a system player. Again, this is the first time I'm hearing this and surprise, surprise it's coming from you. In his very short career, Sherman has consistently shut down some of the league’s most elite receivers: Fitzegerald, Calvin Johnson and Steve Smith (Carolina) just to name a few. His numbers are off the charts. Dude is a play-maker. "If they see Sherman as expendable, because they don't believe in spending money on corners" IF IF IF.... You don't know if they “don’t believe” in spending money on corners.

Reaction score
are you sure about the 950? i thought kjr was 95.7

Sports Radio KJR is 950AM and 102.9FM in Seattle. There is also ESPN Seattle 710AM. I don't know anything about 95.7... Like I said, I have iHeart radio on my IPhone and I listen to KJR 950AM just about all day long.

Top Bottom