• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who to Draft.

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Recently i've been looking through some College players

Here are some players i think are great... I dont expect the hawks to get all of them obviously. But if we could get one or two of these guys it would be awesome.

CB- Patrick Peterson- 6' 1"-222lbs (Obvious choice if he is available-IMO) [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCOLpiFxgbM"]Highlight Video[/ame]
-Prince amukamara- has similar Physical triats but he is off and on in my opinion.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leX0rYpk9wc"]Video1[/ame][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVeWn3bwWTg"]Video2[/ame]

Really any one of the Top 5 corners would be nice lol.

WR-Julio Jones- 6'4" 220lbs- He is a beast and might fall to the late first round. but Idk if we should talk a wide receiver in the first[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdkKiphw4f4"]Video[/ame]

Greg Salas[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsqqmN-ffeY"]video[/ame] or Jonathan Baldwin[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbzuT2K0B68"]video[/ame] might be a good pick at the WR position for a later round.

RB- Although we dont really need one at all.

DeMarco Murray-- 6'1"- 207lbs I think is like a young AP. Also i think he could easily fall to the 4th round so.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBFs5HZwyng"]video[/ame]

Jacquizz Rodgers-Freak of nature.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEruSY8nkPc"]video[/ame]

Thats my two cents.. please Chime in folks

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
RB and WR are not needed, we need D, Marcel Darreus? Or CB, both of the guys you have wup will be gone by the 25th pick. So look at Brandon Harris.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Ya, neither RB or receiver is a big need for us...especially in the first round. Peterson is a top 5 pick and Amukamura is a top 10, he will go 11th to Houston at the lowest in my opinion. Darius is a beast no doubt, but he is another guy that should go top 15.

If we decide to go cb with that pick, Brandon Harris will most likely be the guy. There will be some really good OL still on the board, both tackles and interior lineman. This is also a stacked DE class so I could see us snagging one of them with the 1st round pick as well. I am fine with whatever they decide to do in this draft as long as they dont grab a RB or WR in the 1st rd.

S

Seattlehawk94

WR isn't a NEED?

Uh....We don't have a #1...We have a SHITLOAD of #2s and #3s....We need a gamebreaker...We haven't had one of those since Derrick Mayes had his great 1999 season and faded away right after.

We need a HOMERUN threat....Keeps the defense honest and let's the running game open up because they'd have to play more Cover2/Zone....

Williams is not a HR threat, Stoke is a good #3 or 4 for most teams, and Tate is never going to be that guy...

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;54362 said:
WR isn't a NEED?

Uh....We don't have a #1...We have a SHITLOAD of #2s and #3s....We need a gamebreaker...We haven't had one of those since Derrick Mayes had his great 1999 season and faded away right after.

We need a HOMERUN threat....Keeps the defense honest and let's the running game open up because they'd have to play more Cover2/Zone....

Williams is not a HR threat, Stoke is a good #3 or 4 for most teams, and Tate is never going to be that guy...
I agree with you 100%, we don't have a true number 1 that stretches the field. But as of now, getting a number 1 receiver isn't as important as fixing other parts of our team IMO.

We need to address CB, OL, OLB, and possibly add some depth on the DL. Obviously some of this will be taken care of in free agency. If they went out and fixed some of the blaring holes on the team in free agency, I wouldn't be as against getting a WR in the first round if the right one fell to us.

S

Seattlehawk94

I agree 100%....The only issue I have is....There really isn't a guy out there that to me fits that mold....So yeah, I'm in the same position you are, OL/DB/DL...

Reaction score
Offensive or Defensive Linemen? We need a guard and we could use a really good DE or DT. Mebane is a FA, Cole sucks, and Clemons is a great pass rusher, but struggles with the run. We all know about the O-line's struggles.

OP
EricOV
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;54401 said:
Offensive or Defensive Linemen? We need a guard and we could use a really good DE or DT. Mebane is a FA, Cole sucks, and Clemons is a great pass rusher, but struggles with the run. We all know about the O-line's struggles.

Dude Clemons doesnt struggle with the run in my opinion....

he leads the team in tackles for the D.line.
plus i always see him taking down the HB

S

Seattlehawk94

I don't get the hate for Clemons, the biggest run stuffing issue is Lofabread Playslikepoopoo...

S

Seattlehawk94

Lofabread had both knees scoped today (seriously)....Tomorrow they are going to give him balls....LOL (not seriously)

OP
EricOV
Reaction score
for me it goes

CB,OL,LB,DL,QB(future guy),WR,RB maybe a SS although i like Chancellor.

Dont really think we need a RB

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
What about QB with that first pick!? I think there will be some prospects in the first couple rounds.

This draft is filled with bigger QB's then Ive remembered in past drafts, and I think there is some talented guys there.

Gabbert, Newton, Locker, Kaepernick, Mallet, Devlin, Stannzi, Dalton...???

Reaction score
Gabbert, Newton, Locker, and Mallet are the only potential first round guys. I'm not blown away by any of them, but I think they all have a lot of upside.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I kinda like Kaepernick too, big athletic QB, seems pretty savy, good arm, pretty impressed with him at the senior bowl.

Heard Gabbert might be a flop, overrated, has accuracy issues.

Id take locker at #25 no doubt, I dont care what they say about accuracy in the pocket, he's coachable, and can make BIG plays on the move, which is one of the best QB traits that you can have.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
In my opinion, our needs, in order of need, are G, CB, DT, QB, SS, DE, C, WR.

G - No explanation needed honestly.
CB - Kelly Jennings is terrible, Trufant is old. Coverage is to soft, we need a tight coverage man.
DT - In the event Mebane leaves this will be a bigger need but Cole is lackluster, I would LOVE a Marcell Dareus in the middle with Mebane, Clemons, and Bryant or Brock if we re-sign him.
QB - Hasselbeck is old, injury-prone, inconsistent, and we have to start looking for the future, NOW. Pete Carroll needs to find his fanchise QB and start developing him asap. I don't see Palmer as a reliable solution here either.
SS - Lawyer Milloy was good but he is old and should be retiring soon so let's a youngin' who could be taught by him. Chancellor could be that guy but I haven't seen enough to say he's proven here.
DE - Raheem Brock is a FA and although Bryant was good for rushing, we need to be able to put some serious pressure on QBs. Clemons was amazing at that but to get pressure on both sides could cause more INTs.
C - Spencer was exceptionally good however, is he a one-year-wonder? Although Unger could play C as well. That's why it isn't that bad a need.
WR - Mike Williams is not a deep-threat, PERIOD. He just seemed sluggish at times and I think he has some work to do before he is ready to truly be that No. 1 guy. Stokely a FA, etc. Tate is young and unproven so there is light there. It's not that big a need, mostly depends on the QB situation.

Top Bottom