• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who to Draft.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
12thManFan;54474 said:
In my opinion, our needs, in order of need, are G, CB, DT, QB, SS, DE, C, WR.

G - No explanation needed honestly.
CB - Kelly Jennings is terrible, Trufant is old. Coverage is to soft, we need a tight coverage man.
DT - In the event Mebane leaves this will be a bigger need but Cole is lackluster, I would LOVE a Marcell Dareus in the middle with Mebane, Clemons, and Bryant or Brock if we re-sign him.
QB - Hasselbeck is old, injury-prone, inconsistent, and we have to start looking for the future, NOW. Pete Carroll needs to find his fanchise QB and start developing him asap. I don't see Palmer as a reliable solution here either.
SS - Lawyer Milloy was good but he is old and should be retiring soon so let's a youngin' who could be taught by him. Chancellor could be that guy but I haven't seen enough to say he's proven here.
DE - Raheem Brock is a FA and although Bryant was good for rushing, we need to be able to put some serious pressure on QBs. Clemons was amazing at that but to get pressure on both sides could cause more INTs.
C - Spencer was exceptionally good however, is he a one-year-wonder? Although Unger could play C as well. That's why it isn't that bad a need.
WR - Mike Williams is a deep-threat, PERIOD. He just seemed sluggish at times and I think he has some work to do before he is ready to truly be that No. 1 guy. Stokely a FA, etc. Tate is young and unproven so there is light there. It's not that big a need, mostly depends on the QB situation.
I agree with most of this. I love Mike Williams and think he is a great receiver. However, he is not a deep threat. He is a big target and a great possesion receiver that can move the chains all day long. But he just doesn't have the speed to be much of a vertical threat. Ya, he will burn a corner deep every once in awhile, but he lacks elite speed to be a vertical threat. I dont think receiver is that big of a need either and I do love BMW, but a vertical threat to stretch the field would be nice. It would only help Mike that much more to have safeties worried about someone on the other side of him.

S

Seattlehawk94

No, I think he meant what was said...

If you think he's a "deep threat" you don't know football....He can't get open downfield and be the "HR Guy" that was expected of him in Detroit, why do you think he failed as a Lion? Because he didn't fit the "Bruce or Holt role" of a "score from anywhere player" that Martz wanted when he pushed Detroit into drafting him...You don't gain that with age..He's "improved" in the NFL because they learned how to use him correctly which is a good option in midrange routes..

Reaction score
Well he also didn't work out in Detroit because... Well he didn't WORK OUT in Detroit lol.
He's a threat to hit you up for 35-40 yards because he's so big if he's running a go route, just put it out of reach of the defender and he might catch it. Other than that he just kills you on those slant, curl, and deep in routes.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Best player available. We have so many holes but I'd like a corner or an offensive lineman.

Is there anyone in the draft you'd trade up for?

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
kdawg2980;54491 said:
Best player available. We have so many holes but I'd like a corner or an offensive lineman.

Is there anyone in the draft you'd trade up for?
Do you mean for a CB or OL or just in general? There are always players worth trading up for depending on where they are projected and the asking price.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;54497 said:
I'd trade up for The Fresh Prince...
Ya him or Peterson for sure. We would have to trade into the top 10 at least for them so we would be giving up a lot. Depending on what we had to give up I would do it. Not if we had to throw them the kitchen sink though because we have too many needs.

Reaction score
Akuma (my attempt a 94 style nickname, just a nerdy one) would be awesome, but dmark is right. It would take a shit load of picks.

S

Seattlehawk94

If he's there at 5 or 6 and you can swing a deal for our 1st and maybe a 3rd or 4th it would be worth it...Otherwise no...

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Gee having a third round pick this draft would be pretty valuable. Then again when you have a chance to get a Whitehurst you can't pass that up.lol.

S

Seattlehawk94

That's kinda where I'm thinking we GET a 3rd from....Trade INT Jesus----yesterday...

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Amukamara would be nice, they say it's really close as to who is better between him or Peterson. I think it depends on what you want in a CB. Peterson seems to be the bigger more physical CB who can also be developed into a blitzer where as Amukamara is more a tight coverage, go up for the jump ball and pick it kinda guy. Idk just from what i've seen that's what it seems like.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I like Peterson for his size, speed, and nose for the football.
Kiper has him going #2!

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Peterson will most likely be drafted in the top 5, possibly top 3. Prince has a chance of falling to maybe 9 but I don't see him getting by Dallas at 9. But, it is the draft so I have seen funnier things happen.

Reaction score
Kaepernick (sp?) looked horrible. He had an ugly throwing motion, looked like he was aiming the ball. Ponder looked the best out of the group... out of all the guys in the senior bowl, he looked the most NFL ready. Locker actually did pretty good down the stretch.

As much as I would love either Prince or Peterson, I am not too excited about trading our picks away. We need as many as we can get. This team has way too many needs. Getting a super star CB, wont help the O lines inability to pass protect or open up holes for the run. It also won't help Tatupu learn to tackle, or Curry to play LB.

Keep the picks.

If we really want a money CB, Rabbi Paul Allenstein needs to open up that wallet and make Nnamdi the highest paid CB...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Talking Senior Bowl here... Colin K. didnt look great, but he is very, very, raw still, I think as mayock said would be a good 2nd/3rd round project QB. Has a hudge arm and top speed possible hudge upside.

Ponder definetly looked the most polished.

Locker looked bad, thought he made some aweful throws and decisions.

What about that CB Burney... he was stuck like glue on his guy, and stick his head in there on run plays.

Just noticed too that Mason had the most tackles on both sides, but they didnt talk about him much, all the focus on LB was on Von Miller and Matthews.

Top Bottom