• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who to Draft.

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;54595 said:
Uh....Quinn was a 1st Round Pick, you don't draft a QB in the 1st Round if you don't think he's a "franchise QB"...
Unless you're an idiot like the Broncos. (Tebow)

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;54595 said:
Uh....Quinn was a 1st Round Pick, you don't draft a QB in the 1st Round if you don't think he's a "franchise QB"...

My mind playing tricks on me. Saw clausen and quinn and immediately assumed Clausen and McCoy.

Now I feel like a fucking newb.lol.

S

Seattlehawk94

Fenom;54605 said:
Unless you're an idiot like the Broncos. (Tebow)

Timmy Teabags actually looked good at the end of the season..Mr. Ed would be a moron to dump him now..

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;54608 said:
Timmy Teabags actually looked good at the end of the season..Mr. Ed would be a moron to dump him now..
He has a career 50% passing percentage. That's worse than Clipboard Jesus.

Tebow did put up over 300 yards against the Texans, but they ranked 32nd in pass defense. He does have the potential to be a franchise QB, but looking at what he has done in the NFL so far, he shouldn't have been drafted in the 1st round.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Fenom;54609 said:

Tebow did put up over 300 yards against the Texans, but they ranked 32nd in pass defense. He does have the potential to be a franchise QB, but looking at what he has done in the NFL so far, he shouldn't have been drafted in the 1st round.

He could be the greatest QB in the history of the NFL and at the time that was stupid. The Broncos gave up a second, third and a fourth for a QB who most projected to fall in the middle of the second round.

I'm sure Ozzie Newsome had to hold back laughter when he received that phone call. Probably "shhh" the whole room then put it on speaker phone. Then calmy said yes, hung up the phone and the whole room started busting up laughing.

Much like A.J. Smith did with us when we traded back 20 spots in the second round(could have drafted Clausen or McCoy who are cheaper, better and have higher ceilings than chuckles) and a future third rounder(Be nice to have so we could move up or package with our first to get Kolb).

S

Seattlehawk94

Fenom;54609 said:

But unlike Interception Jesus he had success in CFB and looked okay in some NFL Games....I don't think INTJ could put up 300 vs a CFL defense ranked last....Might lead us to a couple of "Rouges" though..

Looking at what he's done? He's only played in a handful of games and in those he didn't look to bad for a rookie QB who only had limited reps with the 1st Team offense....

People always rip on guys who win but "shouldn't be taken in the 1st Round"---why not? They've PROVEN they can win, sick of seeing guys like Gay Sluter drafted high on "potential"--if they had "potential" in the first place wouldn't their teams have BETTER RECORDS in CFB? Wouldn't they be at schools where I dunno...WIN?

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
twelvewins;54597 said:
I hear you on shut down corner, but shut down for how long? We need D-line that can stuff the run OR get to the QB. Right now we've got neither, so that means you shut down corners have to pass protect for 6+ seconds every down and no-one can do that. Sometimes the problems are not as easy as one player.

I think the GM and Coach need to find the spots on this team we can upgrade. Love Lofa's instincts, but he's looking more and more than LB coach than the MLB. We need ILB/DT more than DB right now. The guys we have (even ANOTHER? touchdown jennings) are ok if they aren't stuck out there all day. The real question isn't need, we can probably upgrade everywhere. Who in the draft is worth the pick?

There are 12-13 defensive linemen in the top 32 on espn right now. There are ONLY 4 defensive backs. It seems like a rich early draft for linemen and a better use of our limited rescources than trying to move up and get a corner. Plus with some teams drafting for need, a great d-linemen could fall further down to where we pick. Maybe we move down and get more picks?

Good point, there is more DL available than corners in the draft but i just keep getting this bad memory of darryl tapp and lawerence jackson..two first rd busts IMO so.. maybe we can draft OL or DL ..i'd say draft best player between the two positions and get a corner in free agency or something

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;54624 said:
Nnamdi.... :)
I want Nnamdi, but it will cause teams to pick on Trufant even more. Every time a team targeted Trufant this season, he got burned. Imagine what will happen to him with Nnamdi on the other side.

We definitely should still get him, but we will need Trufant and Thurmond to step up their game.

S

Seattlehawk94

Tru might've been burned but....He had no help because the FS and SS were always having to play to Kelli Kapowski Jennings side because that's where the toast was always being burnt..

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Denver and thier horrible draft day decisions, McDaniels gay for Tebow, then the 2nd round trade, think we got Unger with that 2nd. Almost as bad the Raiders using top pick to get Heyward-Bey, total reach!

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Fenom;54628 said:
I want Nnamdi, but it will cause teams to pick on Trufant even more. Every time a team targeted Trufant this season, he got burned. Imagine what will happen to him with Nnamdi on the other side.

That is because Trufant isn't a # 1 corner anymore. He had to guard the teams #1 wr all year. If we had Nnamdi, obviously Tru wouldn't be guarding teams #1's anymore. He would be much more successful, so I don't get your logic here.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;54635 said:
That is because Trufant isn't a # 1 corner anymore. He had to guard the teams #1 wr all year. If we had Nnamdi, obviously Tru wouldn't be guarding teams #1's anymore. He would be much more successful, so I don't get your logic here.

IF we could get him, he would improve our secondary significantly!! Trufant gonna be better next year too, after the back injury the year before.

Have you seen the list of FA out there at CB? Theres alot of talent out there... maybe we get our CB in FA and use draft for other needs.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;54640 said:
IF we could get him, he would improve our secondary significantly!! Trufant gonna be better next year too, after the back injury the year before.

Have you seen the list of FA out there at CB? Theres alot of talent out there... maybe we get our CB in FA and use draft for other needs.

I just don't see this happening. I agree with everything that has been said here about him, but I just don't see it. He is going to come at a HUGE price, a price only crazy Al Davis would be willing to pay for a corner back. With all the labor unrest, I can't see it.

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;54613 said:
But unlike Interception Jesus he had success in CFB and looked okay in some NFL Games....I don't think INTJ could put up 300 vs a CFL defense ranked last....Might lead us to a couple of "Rouges" though..

Looking at what he's done? He's only played in a handful of games and in those he didn't look to bad for a rookie QB who only had limited reps with the 1st Team offense....

People always rip on guys who win but "shouldn't be taken in the 1st Round"---why not? They've PROVEN they can win, sick of seeing guys like Gay Sluter drafted high on "potential"--if they had "potential" in the first place wouldn't their teams have BETTER RECORDS in CFB? Wouldn't they be at schools where I dunno...WIN?
Matt Leinart was a great college QB and won the majority of his games.

S

Seattlehawk94

Fenom;54643 said:
Matt Leinart was a great college QB and won the majority of his games.

Even some winners bust....But alot of winning QBs don't even GET A CHANCE in the NFL let alone go in the 1st Round....

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;54621 said:
Same goes for us trading away our 2nd round pick 2 years ago for the 14th overall pick last year. I still find that hilarious.

That guy should get a Tat that reads "I was ripped off by Ruskell"

Top Bottom