• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Goodbye Hasselbeck , Hello.......... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
"As for thinking the Wonderlic score is personal information, why it is it any more or less personal than his 40 time? It is not as if players go in thinking, "Oh, this is all absolutely confidential."

There called privacy laws

You can't release information that can damage a persons reputation or honor, its a right for all of us. Was VY's reputation damaged with his score ????( see above thread) Was his honor damaged ...well he took the test again so I would say yes .

A 40 time , well they have no laws against running slow.

"As far as the Wonderlic, your article really has no effect on anything I have said. Again, "supposedly" confidential and the past experience with scores being leaked should give a player, if they have any aptitude whatsoever, the expectation that their score will be public."

If they have any aptitude whatsoever ,they like the rest of the U.S. workforce would have the expectation that there rights are being protected .

And those teams and people are breaking the law if they are leaking that info , as a player I would not assume that the NFL would break the law and a player could sue any team that releases personal information about them if they could prove the source. As a GM my entire staff would know the law as does every employer in the U.S. Odds are most of these leaked scores are as I said before bullshit.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Kind of a stretch linking the 4th Amendment to this since it applies to the government or those acting on behalf of, not private organizations. A BIG stretch.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Number 18;56033 said:
Kind of a stretch linking the 4th Amendment to this since it applies to the government or those acting on behalf of, not private organizations. A BIG stretch.

I'm stretching ??? Without the 4th amendment police could search you without cause whenever they wanted , it also covers privacy issues ect ect to much to copy and paste , hell MLB players used it to block the release of the infamous steriod list , so no its not just for the gov or agents . its the bill of rights, its for everyone .

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Bill of Rights said:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The amount of text is MIND BOGGLING!!!

It's protecting everyone from illegal search and seizures by the government or an agency acting on behalf of the government. It was applicable to the MLB because the government was doing the searching and seizing. Additionally, the courts sided WITH the government. Again, in this case, the government is NOT involved.

So again, saying your statements are a big stretch was really putting it kindly.

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I think the only guys that could fall to us are locker or mallet and locker is in inacurate so id be worried bout that. Mallet is not athletic and once he is out of the pocket he falls appart. In short......we are totally screwed. We are gonna have to get a guyin free agency. I'm thinking mcnabb just because he would most likley be the most proven guy in free agency.

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Just from what I've heard he s not nearly as good out of the pocket but maybe I'm completly wrong. I would like to suck like hell next year and get luck who's supposed to be the next payton manning.

S

Seattlehawk94

I'll use my 1st Amendment rights and say trade the #25 for Kolb, he's done well when ever he's given a chance and lost his STARTING JOB to injury which is a freak thing...For some reason he's got a lot of Matt Schaub in him (including being stuck behind the Snoopy Slayer)..

Let the Kevin Kolb Kontroversy begin......

Remember, this is coming from a HUGE Hasselbeck guy....I'd love for Matthew to stay but him not signing and now being a F/A means that bird has flown (pun intended)...

94's Master Plan:
Trade 25 and a 3 in '12 for Kolb
Sign Gallery
Shop Whitecursed for a 3 or 4
Draft OL
Draft CB
DEPTH!!!

Winning....

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Yes the kevin kolb kontroversy (KKK) has begun. That would be cool kolb is good and probably better then anything we would get at 25 I just rather see a guy taken in the draft next year call me crazy

Reaction score
Next year's class is better, no question. That's why I want to keep Matt around for 3 years so he can mentor a QB for a couple years, he'd probably take a back seat sometime in the middle of that last year.

Reaction score
Resign Matthew and trade Charlie and our 1st for Kolb. Then let #8 earn the starting spot. Thoughts?

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I dunno that they would really want clipboard jesus. Damn I'm lookin at 2012 qb prospects and drooling. Andrew luck. Kirk cousins. Terrelle pryor. Nick foles. Kellen moore. Any more I'm forgetting?

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
They said the same thing last year about this years QB class. Kellen More is a GREAT college QB, but he isn't going to be a franchise QB in the NFL. People last year were drooling over Mallett and Locker. Just like this year and every other year leading up to the draft, next years QB class will be put under the same scrutiny and there will only be 1 or 2 guys that are seen as franchise QB's. Luck is obviously different if you have ever watched him play, but in order to get him we are probably going to need the number 1 overall pick in the draft. I don't know about you but I absolutely do not want to be picking number 1 next year.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;56050 said:
Resign Matthew and trade Charlie and our 1st for Kolb. Then let #8 earn the starting spot. Thoughts?

Waste. I don't get why people think we HAVE to have Matt back. I keep hearing the arguement that we need a vet QB. He's done. Period, end of story. Even if he had the best O line in the NFl, he'd still stink it up. He's psat his prime and now it's time for PC to get his future QB in development. Whitehurst probably isn't a long-term fix but I think he' good enough for 1-2 years. Trading a 1st rd. pick would be throwing away a shutdown corner, a RT, or a QB. It'd be a waste.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;56045 said:
No one will want whitehurst with as much as he's making.

Good back ups can make or break you , with the amount of concussions and QB injuries these days. Keeping CW is good for the team.

I was hoping that MH would play out his days and become our old veteran back up QB and then work his way up into management like he wants, but now its about one big fat payday to end his career , can't fault the guy we would all do the same .

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;56053 said:
They said the same thing last year about this years QB class. Kellen More is a GREAT college QB, but he isn't going to be a franchise QB in the NFL. People last year were drooling over Mallett and Locker. Just like this year and every other year leading up to the draft, next years QB class will be put under the same scrutiny and there will only be 1 or 2 guys that are seen as franchise QB's. Luck is obviously different if you have ever watched him play, but in order to get him we are probably going to need the number 1 overall pick in the draft. I don't know about you but I absolutely do not want to be picking number 1 next year.
I don't think it will only be 1 or 2 next year it'll probably be better then that. One name I forgot is matt barkley if he decides to come out after next year

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Found this from last year , maybe a little insight to which way we may go ?

On what Seattle saw in the little-used Whitehurst, acquired in a trade with San Diego last week: "There's plenty of professional film (of him) to see. He's thrown a lot of balls in preseason games, so we were able to break it down. He's got a natural release, a strong arm, and he's capable of making all the throws.
"We felt this was a guy who we could look towards in the future and could be a guy who develops into a top quarterback."
-- On whether Whitehurst will compete with Hasselbeck for the starting job (I dare you to try and follow Carroll's logic on this one): "We're counting on Matt to take the leadership spot in this position for sure. Ideally I would like to see Charlie compete and push him and make statements that he has a chance to excite us about the fact that he can play well when we need him, and then just see what happens in the competition. It's a competition. We're going to see how far it goes and see what happens.
"But Matt's our guy and I'm clear about that. Everybody in the program is. But our coaches are excited about developing Charlie. That doesn't exclude at all that we're interested in a quarterback in this draft. [But as for a quarterback of the future] we have the best shot of it with Charlie, for the long haul, and that's what we know right now."

Read more: Pete Carroll on Charlie Whitehurst, Matt Leinart, Tim Tebow - Don Banks - SI.com

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Number 18;56038 said:
The amount of text is MIND BOGGLING!!!

It's protecting everyone from illegal search and seizures by the government or an agency acting on behalf of the government. It was applicable to the MLB because the government was doing the searching and seizing. Additionally, the courts sided WITH the government. Again, in this case, the government is NOT involved.

So again, saying your statements are a big stretch was really putting it kindly.

Ok Charlie Sheen " Your Winning " :drag:

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Well if clipboard jesus is started at some point god help us we are screwed. I don't know what they see in him I gues the million dollar question is he developable into the main man. Id say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom