• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Goodbye Hasselbeck , Hello.......... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
12thManFan;56054 said:
Waste. I don't get why people think we HAVE to have Matt back. I keep hearing the arguement that we need a vet QB. He's done. Period, end of story. Even if he had the best O line in the NFl, he'd still stink it up. He's psat his prime and now it's time for PC to get his future QB in development. Whitehurst probably isn't a long-term fix but I think he' good enough for 1-2 years. Trading a 1st rd. pick would be throwing away a shutdown corner, a RT, or a QB. It'd be a waste.

Here we go again with the "we don't need Matt, we've got Charlie" talk. Whitehurst won't ever amount to shit in this league. Quit sucking on the teet. Locker has a better chance....

Matt played behind one of the shitiest lines in the league. Some 856 different starting combinations on the year. Put him behind Brady line and he easily wins 10-12 games. Now I am NOT saying Matt is the best QB out there. Not even close. This point in his career, he's in the bottom half of starting QBs BUT he is still much better than Whitehurst and the best option for the hawks right now.

Ideal situatio; resign Matt, improve the entire team through the draft and FA and get a young gunner in there to ride the bench until he surpasses Matt or Matt breaks down.

But come on man. ENOUGH of this Whitehurst shit.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Kolb is starting caliber QB, but is he really worth it?

Is he really worth our #25 (a Aldon Smith, Stephen Pea, Brandon Harris)

... and a 3rd round pick (OL,DL,CB,) future player?

... and 12.5M a year that he's gonna ask for?

I dont think so man, he is not that proven. He had the one great game against Alt and other then that has been ok, His stats arent great, and thats on a good offensive team. he wasnt impressive when I watched him plus he got Knocked out! One of his issues is holding the ball too long, scary...

Thats a lot to risk for Kolb. I would rather go with Hass or Whitehurst for a year and stack talent.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Whitehurst is on the roster , Hasselbeck is not, why would you expect guys not to talk about it ?

Reaction score
Idahawk;56070 said:
Whitehurst is on the roster , Hasselbeck is not, why would you expect guys not to talk about it ?

Go ahead and talk about him. Talk about how horrible of a QB he is. How inaccurate he is. How poor his decision making is. How bad he is at going through his reads - 1st covered, oh shit time to scramble, get sacked, run out of bounds for a loss or get a 1 yard gain. Talk about how he played in the NY game. Shit even talk about how he played against St. Louis - he didn't win that game, he just didn't lose it. Our defense won that game and a rookie QB finally playex like one.

And the whole Kolb trade, I wouldn't be opposed to it. Maybe a 1st and 3rd would be a bit much. But God forbid we don't resign Matt and then I'd def push for getting Kolb. If we go into this season with Charles, Postman and an unproven rookie.... well let's just say we'll have our crack at Luck next year.

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
That why id rather see them get a guy in the draft szat. I don't think kold or any other free agent is reall worth it. And #one very nicley put charlie ain't nothing and never will be.

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
And I was sorta thinking would it really be that bad to start charlie completly suck ass for a year and hopefully land luck or barkley or another good qb in the draft

Reaction score
jhawk;56073 said:
And I was sorta thinking would it really be that bad to start charlie completly suck ass for a year and hopefully land luck or barkley or another good qb in the draft

Yes it would. It wouldn't help our team. This team is rebuilding and judging from last year I think they're headed in the right direction. Look at most the teams that have been picking in the top the last decade. A lot of the same team year in year out.

They keep drafting top 5 studs. So their team has a bunch of study who can't win games. Look at Detroit. Calvin Johnson, Stanford, Suh and Jahvid Best to name a few.

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure we are really heading in the right direction and we sure as hell won't if we don't find a qb for the future soon. That will be part of rebuilding the team it dosnt mean we have to get luck but atleast get a decent guy. That's why I was against us wiining that last game against the rams that caused us to shoot up all the way up to 25 when we don't really belong there so that's a lost shot at gabbbert or newton

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
jhawk;56060 said:
Well if clipboard jesus is started at some point god help us we are screwed. I don't know what they see in him I gues the million dollar question is he developable into the main man. Id say no.

Based on ???? Did you watch him at Clemson ? Do you know how highly recruited he was out of high school ?

He has an NFL pedigree and should get more then one season and a couple games to form an opinion , hell he was a 3 round pick by SD and we gave up our 3 rd pick for him and he gets 4 mil this year so I wouldnt be to quick to cast stones at # 6.........

you like that ....cast stones at clipboard Jesus :thumbsup:

is that bad am I going to hell ?

Reaction score
Idahawk;56077 said:
Based on ???? Did you watch him at Clemson ? Do you know how highly recruited he was out of high school ?

He has an NFL pedigree and should get more then one season and a couple games to form an opinion , hell he was a 3 round pick by SD and we gave up our 3 rd pick for him and he gets 4 mil this year so I wouldnt be to quick to cast stones at # 6.........

you like that ....cast stones at clipboard Jesus :thumbsup:

is that bad am I going to hell ?

No you're going to Hell for your blasphemous avatar.

Wtf does how highly recruited he was in HS have to do with being a successful QB in the NFL? I've seen him play in preseason and regular season in the NFL. I've seen enough.

And no I haven't seen him play at Clemson. Why the Fuck would I? Clemson. Do I look like a Clemson fan? And honestly did you WATCH him at Clemson or watch a highlight reel on YouTube after we traded for bin?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;56066 said:
Here we
Matt played behind one of the shitiest lines in the league. . ENOUGH of this Whitehurst shit.

Line was not that shitty last year, live in the now, and stop blaming everything except for Matt laying big fat eggs the last four years.

Reaction score
Dude Matt had some shit games last year. I'm not denying that, but do you think the constant line shuffle had something to do with it? Yeah I think so.

You don't think they were shitty? Outside of Okung, who do you really want back fromast years starters? Locklear, Hamilton, Pitts, Spencer, Andrews...... who?

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;56081 said:
Line was not that shitty last year, live in the now, and stop blaming everything except for Matt laying big fat eggs the last four years.

what do you mean the line wasn't that shitty? Why the hell didn't we have a run game..and why the hell did matt actually do well wen the OL protected him.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;56066 said:
Here we go again with the "we don't need Matt, we've got Charlie" talk. Whitehurst won't ever amount to shit in this league. Quit sucking on the teet. Locker has a better chance....

Matt played behind one of the shitiest lines in the league. Some 856 different starting combinations on the year. Put him behind Brady line and he easily wins 10-12 games. Now I am NOT saying Matt is the best QB out there. Not even close. This point in his career, he's in the bottom half of starting QBs BUT he is still much better than Whitehurst and the best option for the hawks right now.

Ideal situatio; resign Matt, improve the entire team through the draft and FA and get a young gunner in there to ride the bench until he surpasses Matt or Matt breaks down.

But come on man. ENOUGH of this Whitehurst shit.

Where in my statement did I say Whitehurst was god? I never once said he's the solution. I would much rather havea rookie over both MH and CW but that's probably just me. the problem with everyone's MH arguement is that fact our team will definitely NOT be of caliber to have MH ever return to form, he's done. Start fresh now and build up a QB who can actually do something besides get injured, make poor decisions, or sit in the pocket WAY too long like MH. Basically what i'm getting at is a rookie will have some of the same problems MH has now but at least a rookie can improve where as MH can't.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
jhawk;56073 said:

You clearly don't pay $1,000s for season tickets like some do... 2008 and 2009 were painful. 2010 started out good, but towards the end of the season, it was painful to know I was into each game several hundred dollars (until the Rams and Saints games).

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
#ONE;56080 said:
No you're going to Hell for your blasphemous avatar.

Wtf does how highly recruited he was in HS have to do with being a successful QB in the NFL? I've seen him play in preseason and regular season in the NFL. I've seen enough.

And no I haven't seen him play at Clemson. Why the Fuck would I? Clemson. Do I look like a Clemson fan? And honestly did you WATCH him at Clemson or watch a highlight reel on YouTube after we traded for bin?

No never said I knew anything about the guy , but I'm also not forming an opinion either thats the point, in order to form such an absolute opinion I figured you have studied him since high school .

"Well if clipboard jesus is started at some point god help us we are screwed. I don't know what they see in him I gues the million dollar question is he developable into the main man. Id say no. "

He did start for us and we won ?

Can't be developed ? Not calling you out here bro , but thats saying that PC and the seahawks and the chargers and clemson all don't know shit about evaluating talent.

We have wasted so many picks on back up QBs that never pan out . I thought that Holmey would get our QB system on track , but even he didn't .

PC is a QB guy I have faith in his opinion of CW at the very least , it needs some time he hasn't had enough starts to show anyone anything

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
No I ain't payin for season ticket but probably is hard to watch I jus rather see this get on track sooner then later and hass and clipboard jesus aren't the awnser but I don't know that anybody in this draft either since its likely the best we could get is locker or mallet

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
tonos253;56083 said:
what do you mean the line wasn't that shitty? Why the hell didn't we have a run game..and why the hell did matt actually do well wen the OL protected him.

RUN BLOCKING AND PASS PROTECTION ARE DIFFERENT.
Matt had 'decent' not great, protection in the pocket last year, despite the line musical chairs. The OC had alot o max protects schemes, and did not have the use of FB also which affected the run game. Matt's production IMO was not in direct reflection of the protection he is getting. Matt has games where he is simply cold, jumpy, regardless of the protection. During the saints game, watch it, they were getting pressure up in his face, he was just getting the ball off quickly and the secondary was dropping coverage. Just like the bears game, Matt was on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom