• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

HAWKS NEXT OPTION IN THE DRAFT!!

S

Seattlehawk94

Like I said..BleacherReport is a joke would read my dog trying to fingerpaint words and take them a truth over that site full of illiterates...

Typical BR "article":

Luk! I mades a slide shuw off guyz who I thunk the Seehox sould signz! Luk guyz!!

Ballzdeep

Huddler
Reaction score
yeah, they seemed real illiterate..LOL Seems like they are pointing out a very real possibility. My dogs say bleacher report seems to be far more accurate than forum posters.LOL Forgive me if i believe them over you and your dog.

S

Seattlehawk94

Most BR "writers" are ages 15-21 SI did a scathing story on them for being crap, sorry but you and your dog are full of shit..

But hey...If you like slideshows on "Hottest WAGs" of athletes and such hard hitting "journalism" as that shows your IQ level I guess...

I'll get my sports news from bathroom wall graffiti first...Or I'll just read articles by people who have degrees and insider knowledge...

Cheers..

Ballzdeep

Huddler
Reaction score
LOl... I was thinking the same thing about you and your dog... Did your dog teach you to fetch? lol Sorry, but it just sounds like crapola to me.Funny how stupid people always bring up IQ huh.

S

Seattlehawk94

Funny how no one except you finds me stupid here...Hmmmm...

But hey, you've made epic amounts of friends since you've joined..Already gotten 5 people PMimg me to '86 your sorry ass...Actually I'll call it '87ing from now now on...

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
i would like to see a pass rusher like couples or maybe courtney upshaw, or maybe jonathan martin and move carpenter to guard

Ballzdeep

Huddler
Reaction score
Funny how no one except you finds me stupid here...Hmmmm...

But hey, you've made epic amounts of friends since you've joined..Already gotten 5 people PMimg me to '86 your sorry ass...Actually I'll call it '87ing from now now on...

Whatever... If you don't know it's goofy as hell saying that crap about a legitimate sporting news site ,that's unreal.
scared.jpg

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
The entire point of the Bleacher Report was to give amateur writers a blogging platform.

Still, whether you view it as legitimate or not, that does not mean we cannot take some of its posts as topics for discussion.

S

Seattlehawk94

Legitimate sports site? Again..Google what PROFESSIONAL PAID WRITERS WITH JOURNALISM DEGREES say about BR.com..This thread like the site is giving me lulz...

I'll take Peter King or Jay Glazer over a HS kid who's never seen a girl naked and creates slideshows (the popup books of the interwebs) anyday....It's a good idea, in ways..But the fact people take it as anything less than creative writing class online is funny..The fact newspapers link to that content farm kinda sickens anyone who's actually went to school for it..

No editing, made up rumors, whining when people comment on their work, and generally nothing worth reading...It's literally a Sally Struthers matchbook cover advertisement type "school of writing"--put it this way---if any of them were worth reading they'd be PAID for what they write..Shit, I get paid sometimes for my writing and actually have a degree in it and have some insider knowledge and respect from local media, not ONE of them has that and there is a reason...

Now, every so often there is a well written article there...But those are few and far in between...Guessing angry bird here is a "writer" there with his defense of that place...Maybe the person who wrote this "article" me thinks...

We can talk about it sure...But I'm sure there are a million more well written sites we could talk about as well that have more bearing on any subject we discuss...

When you have an "article" on your site saying everyone who looks down on your site and trying to tell people why you are "legit"..You aren't...Real journalists don't have to convince people they can write an tell people "Look! I can write see!!" to make themselves feel better...

The reason it's "legit" to some halfwits is because it's a content farm that spams everywhere including Google for page views..Never is good content, just page views to sell ads..Being known doesn't make it worth it, I've heard of "Jersey Shore" doesn't mean I know anything about it or equal it to "Good Television" just means it get's publicity doesn't mean any content on it is worth me watching...

Waiting for angry retort....Haha...Owned more people here than a plantation owner in 1855, don't worry..You are no different...

S

Seattlehawk94

The entire point of the Bleacher Report was to give amateur writers a blogging platform.

Still, whether you view it as legitimate or not, that does not mean we cannot take some of its posts as topics for discussion.

You know why myself and most others hate it 18? It cheapens the profession and is more of the dumbing down "Idiocracy" of America come to life...Spelling, grammar, general bad writing and stupid errors which are now creeping into books, mags, etc...Basically it's a dumbing down intellectually of writing in general....Add in the fact their losers in mommy's basement creating rumors from "sources" (see: mind, their own) that some people actually believe..Well..Kinda pisses me off....Know more than a few professional writers and columnists who are losing work because it's easier to link to a guy who pretty much 20 years ago would've been asking "do you want fries with that?" for free than PAYING real writers...SBNation is amateurs but they have respect from peers in the industry and real writers (Rob Neyer) even Deadspin does have good info...BR.com is a lightning rod for many people and rightfully so..

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
You know why myself and most others hate it 18? It cheapens the profession is more of the dumbing down "Idiocracy" of America come to life...Spelling, grammar, general bad writing and stupid errors which are no creeping into books, mags, etc...Basically it's a dumbing down intellectually of writing in general....Add in the fact their losers in mommy's basement creating rumors from "sources" (see: mind, their own) that some people actually believe..Well..Kinda pisses me off....Know more than a few professional writers and columnists who are losing work because it's easier to link to a guy who pretty much 20 years ago would've been asking "do you want fries with that?" for free than PAYING real writers...SBNation is amateurs but they have respect from peers in the industry and real writers (Rob Neyer) even Deadspin does have good info...BR.com is a lightning rod for many people and rightfully so..

You just described user generated content on the internet as a whole. ;) I understand your frustration. Any one in any given profession hates hacks.

Reaction score
User generated content has cost some people their jobs... CNN just laid off a bunch of people and expanded their iReport section on their website (best known for the fake report that Rebecca Black was pregnant.). But I really don't see what's so bad about bleacher report, don't read it if you don't like it. More people get their news from legit sources than bleacher report I don't see how that "cheapens" anything.

Ballzdeep

Huddler
Reaction score
No angry retort here.... I just don't agree at all. If you choose to not take what they say serious,go for it! I just see it as another source of information,and something to talk about. I haven't really read much they have done,so i don't know for sure if they are wrong a lot or not.I just thought they had a real good angle to the draft situation coming up. We will see!

S

Seattlehawk94

Works for moi....Just hearing the word BR riles me up..lol

S

Seattlehawk94

User generated content has cost some people their jobs... CNN just laid off a bunch of people and expanded their iReport section on their website (best known for the fake report that Rebecca Black was pregnant.). But I really don't see what's so bad about bleacher report, don't read it if you don't like it. More people get their news from legit sources than bleacher report I don't see how that "cheapens" anything.

To me BR comes off like FanFic....They are the Twilight fan equivalent in sports....Minus the ugly chicks....Haha

Top Bottom