• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jake Locker

Is Jake Locker going to be "great"?

• BUST-David Carr II

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Trent Dilfer-basically a guy who needs everyone to carry his sorry ass...

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dave Krieg-good player will be around for MANY years and win...

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Tom Brady-HOFer who will win MANY Superbowls

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Carr's issue was the sidearm delivery....First time I saw that guy I knew he'd NEVER be an NFL QB...

Wouldn't that be arm strength though? You can teach a pitcher to be more consitent around the strike zone by bettering their fundementals...that is more comparable to accuracy than throwing 100 mph. This arguement could go around and around though.

You are right about that but....There are alot of pitchers who flamed out because they never could find the strike zone even after being given YEARS of work to fix it....Steve Blass comes to mind...Look him up....Interesting story...

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;55319 said:
You are right about that but....There are alot of pitchers who flamed out because they never could find the strike zone even after being given YEARS of work to fix it....Steve Blass comes to mind...Look him up....Interesting story...
I agree completely just like there are players that come into the NFL with massive arm strength and shaky accuracy that never get it and fail...but there are also those who work as hard as they can and become successful quarterbacks one way or another. Just depends on the person and situation I guess.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;55308 said:
You throw out stats to make yourself seem like you know shit...

THERE ARE FUCKING VARIBLES....WRs who drop passes, playing in windy conditions, play calls, throwaways, and being hit when you are in your throwing motion...

Fundementals are the key...You are born with those....Look at the kid from UCONN, he's a NATURAL and kinda proves my theory...You CAN develop some accuracy but that kid AND MOST NFL QBS are BORN WITH IT...

You think he just "practiced" alot and "learned" to do that? FUCK NO....Kid had that when the Football God's put a thunderbolt in his arm at birth....That's like saying you can "teach a pitcher to throw 100"...You either GOT IT, or you don't....

Vick played in a Dome half the season. Also funny you are so blinded by your hatred of Locker you won't give him the same benefit. Young and Vick improved their accuracy by over 10%.

As for that UCONN kid he isn't even a starter and will be competing as a redshirt Junior for a starting job. There is more to being a QB than doing trick throws where nobody is around.

You can learn accuracy like Dmarkholt12 pointed out. For Locker his feet work sucks which can easily be corrected.

As for your original point you don't think Locker had poor weather conditions? You know Husky Stadium can be pretty windy and rainy at time. You don't think Locker had drops(None of his WR's has been drafted to the NFL. Kearse will be a mid round pick after next year) ? You mocked his Nebraska holiday bowl game in the past when he was 5-17 but he had about five or six throwaways that game.

It just seems to me when you have your mind set up you don't let go. You give one guy as much rope as possible(Hasselbeck with his 34 TD's to 44 INT's last three years) while you give others no rope at all.

You make excuses for Vick and Young's low percentage but don't factor in Locker could be having those same issues that you just described.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

I'm an enigma ain't I? lulz

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I have been following his work outs and all the reports are not good. He is having all kinds of trouble thowing from the pocker, I maintain that if Cam Newton somehow falls to us, we need to get him.

Locker would be good to take a flyer on in the 3rd round or later, otherwise, he just isn't going to be good for a few years. Mattie ain't getting any younger and old Chaz Whitehurst has yet to proce that he can get it done consistently.

Feel free to flame me again...

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;55308 said:
You throw out stats to make yourself seem like you know shit...

THERE ARE FUCKING VARIBLES....WRs who drop passes, playing in windy conditions, play calls, throwaways, and being hit when you are in your throwing motion...

Fundementals are the key...You are born with those....Look at the kid from UCONN, he's a NATURAL and kinda proves my theory...You CAN develop some accuracy but that kid AND MOST NFL QBS are BORN WITH IT...

You think he just "practiced" alot and "learned" to do that? FUCK NO....Kid had that when the Football God's put a thunderbolt in his arm at birth....That's like saying you can "teach a pitcher to throw 100"...You either GOT IT, or you don't....

Honestly, if you are basing an argument around variables, then your argument is in trouble. You have to keep in mind what kind of team Locker was on as well. What if Jake Locker were on Oregon's squad during the BCS NC? Honestly, he would've done a hell of a lot better than their starting QB. Besides, we talk about Scam Newton and how he's soo "amazing" yet people seem to forget the WIDE OPEN passes he kept overthrowing by 6-7 yards in the BCS NC. Honestly, Jake Locker could be a great quarterback with the right coaching and development. In no way is he ready to come in immediately but he has potential (the way he rolls out, his reads, etc.) But I will admit some of the things you say drives me insane like your signature now and your hate for Locker. But whatever lol. How can you forget he helped UW beat USC twice in two years or bring home a Holiday Bowl? Or first bowl in how long? But I do firmly believe Locker would be a great addition to Seattle if we were to somehow trade up into the 3rd round and snag him if he's there.

Reaction score
Locker could be the next Tom Brady or he could be the next JaMarcus Russell. It's way too early to judge how his career will pan out.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Fenom;55351 said:
Locker could be the next Tom Brady or he could be the next JaMarcus Russell. It's way too early to judge how his career will pan out.

Draft is a crapshoot and environment helps a lot. Rodgers is great right now but what if he was asked to save the 49ers franchise would he be as good? I guess we'll never know.

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
I can see it now, Mike Williams streaking down the sidelines all alone, then Locker gets all excited and fires the ball into the 3rd row. Then all the coaches say, "look at the arm on that guy" as the punt team runs onto the field. No Thanks.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
seahawkblitz;55384 said:
I can see it now, Mike Williams streaking down the sidelines all alone, then Locker gets all excited and fires the ball into the 3rd row. Then all the coaches say, "look at the arm on that guy" as the punt team runs onto the field. No Thanks.

Lol what?!!!! If you had said Tate or Butler I had believed that but Williams?!! lol.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Yea I'd agree with that. He could be a steal in the mid second round. I'm surprised Luck would come back after seeing what happened to Locker.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Luck has a dad who was an NFL QB, WLAF GM, the kid has the talent and isn't going to fall apart under pressure...

His dad knows the business and his son has a great head on his shoulders and is actually in one of the best schools in the country (Stanford is called "A New Ivy League School) to get an actual DEGREE, unlike most players at football factories....No way he falters.....He's too damned good and too damned smart to....

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

You mocked his Nebraska holiday bowl game in the past

Yeah, most of the world did as well....

You don't think Locker had drops(None of his WR's has been drafted to the NFL. Kearse will be a mid round pick after next year) ? You mocked his Nebraska holiday bowl game in the past when he was 5-17 but he had about five or six throwaways that game.

First off....Vick's WRs were some of the worst in the NFL in Atlanta....So it's a draw there..

So he had 5 throwaways? How do you know he completes those? HE THREW 17 PASSES....That's how "great" he is, they called 17 pass plays? Shit, Tommy Frazier ran the fucking wishbone and threw more than that..

It just seems to me when you have your mind set up you don't let go.

Funny because most of the fuckers on Softy's page you are having interwebs wars with PM me telling me the the same shit about you while telling me "I got no beef with you dude"..

You give one guy as much rope as possible(Hasselbeck with his 34 TD's to 44 INT's last three years) while you give others no rope at all.

Because I'm giving a SUPERBOWL QUARTERBACK who's LEAD HIS TEAM TO A MAJOR TITLE (Conference) as opposed to a guy who's unproven and won an "all important" psssssshhhh hahahahahaHoliday Bowl tying Matt "I'm Ryan Leaf's Cousin" Kegalexcercises...When Heather Locker takes her...err...His team to a Superbowl...Then you can talk about "giving rope"...

I have been following his work outs and all the reports are not good. He is having all kinds of trouble thowing from the pocker, I maintain that if Cam Newton somehow falls to us, we need to get him.

sCam Newton isn't someone I'd take but....I'd take him over Jake the Fake 99 times out of 100...He carried a team to a National Championship, and yeah it was a GREAT team but....I know he'd go better than .500 during a whole regular season if he was the Fuskies QB...

But I will admit some of the things you say drives me insane like your signature now and your hate for Locker.

So you are saying you HATE Hasselbeck....Okay....

How can you forget he helped UW beat USC twice in two years or bring home a Holiday Bowl? Or first bowl in how long?

cRyan Leaf took the Cougs to their first Rose Bowl in 67 years...How's that NFL career of his workin' out?

But I do firmly believe Locker would be a great addition to Seattle if we were to somehow trade up into the 3rd round and snag him if he's there.

So that way when he fails you and Kdoog here can say "well he doesn't play in a DOME" and "Qwest Field is too windy" or some other excuse.....He's not an NFL QB....MOST experts see that....MOST TEAMS won't touch him with a 10 foot pole....

HAHAHAHAHAHA! FUCKING EPIC POST!!!!!

hahahaha

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

I'm hoping he ends up in Frisco where he can be a bust and we get to watch him overthrow Crabtree a bunch of times 2 games a year..

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

I do have ONE QUESTION though....Who is the idiot who think's Joke Locker is "going to be the next Tom Brady"?

Seriously? Whoever said that should reveal themselves just so we'd know who's posts to skip over for the rest of the Huddle's history....Either you are trying to be funny (Like someone who "writes in" their own name for POTUS) or you have got to be the stupidest football "fan" in the history of the game.....Either way, I'd LOVE to know....I think you should reveal yourself....

Back to Jakemarcus....

"He can learn footwork, etc"...

WHY HASN'T HE YET? He's been a QB for 4 years of HS and 4 years of CFB and he hasn't learned footwork yet? Is he a moron? Seriously? Well, we know his checkdown "skillz" and playbook "knowledge" so I kinda don't have to answer my own question..

When you've played a position for 8 years+Jr. High and Pee Wees, you'd think you'd kinda learn SOMETHING along the way....Dude is about as dumb as that 40 year old in "Problem Child" who can't count to 4 and was in the 6th Grade for like 30 years.....Seriously if he's THAT fucking dumb I'd rather have Ryan Leaf....He had an attitude, was an asshole, and forced throws but at least WE (Cougfans) KNEW he was a fucking moron and didn't make excuses for him...This guy might be Prince Valiant off the field...I could give a fuck....On the field he makes Corky from "Life Goes On" seem like Albert (Norman) Einstein....Some QBs aren't developed when they get to the NFL but this dude would be like starting from scratch....Some Pop Warner kids are further along in their development than THIS GUY....

Carroll isn't taking him.....Don't hold your breath....Like I said....I hope Frisco takes him....He'll be their new Cody nosePickett.....Funniest thing is the Angels think he's worth something.....Like he's the "white Bo Jackson" or some shit....He's Josh Booty (Seahawks LEGEND!), Drew Henson, Chad Hutchinson all rolled into one....Sad thing is....They've got a blueprint from those 3 and some team will still fucking make the mistake of taking this asshat HIGH in the draft....Bo Jackson? Psssssh....He's closer to Beau Bridges...Deion Sanders? More like Dion Warwick....

If we take this guy, I promise you it's going to turn out to be a career killer for Carroll....We don't need a PROJECT (see: needs to be taught like a preschooler) WE NEED OL/DL/CBs....I don't care if it's the damn 5th Round and he's there....You HAVE a QB! If you want to draft one? Do it next fucking season....We are a PLAYOFF TEAM that has a finite window with an aging QB....This is no time to babysit a never was and piss off a LARGE section of the fanbase in case you didn't know....Most Fuskiefans don't care about the Seahawks, read what alot of them say on various blogs, message boards, etc....More COUGFANS and non-CFB fans buy season tickets to the Seahawks, drafting this moron will piss a larger group of people off than they'll ever know...And after that BULLSHIT that went on at Fuskie Stadium when we were there and the Stevens pick it's not a great idea to piss those people off..

One more thing....I better not see a FUCKING THING Fuskies at Qwest, those fucking faggots didn't even paint the endzones with the word "Seahawks" during ANY games of our exile to that shithole...It better say "Seahawks" in both Endzones with a nice big Hawk logo at midfield EVERY FUCKING SATURDAY when those assholes hijack our building....They didn't want to share a stadium, they made us build our own, they didn't want to host us and made us feel SECOND CLASS...Payback and Karma are a fucking bitch....

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Mark if you have a problem with me I'll kindly leave this page. It appears you do since you are mocking me by calling me "kdoog".

As for getting in battles I remember you making fun of my friends weight on my page and turning my page into a huge war. I've actually met this person and he's a nice guy and instead of handling things like an adult you decided to name call.

Now you can't accept you simply don't know everything and others on here are disagreeing with you. Some are your thoughts are a bit contradicting.

Youput so much emphasis on winning then turn around and say Dave Krieg a QB with no SB's should be in the hall of fame.

You praise Bledsoe and bash Locker yet when I posted their stats as QB A and QB B you said you would take Locker because completion and TD's-INT ratio matters most. Then when I said who they were you quickly started saying you would take Bledsoe. That shows right there you are narrow minded.

Seriously? Whoever said that should reveal themselves just so we'd know who's posts to skip over for the rest of the Huddle's history....Either you are trying to be funny (Like someone who "writes in" their own name for POTUS) or you have got to be the stupidest football "fan" in the history of the game.....Either way, I'd LOVE to know....I think you should reveal yourself....

This wasn't me but once again why so attacking of one's opinion on a subject we don't know. I'd say the same could be said for someone who won't accept sabermetrics and bashed on Felix for being a wimp despite having 6 CG's and 249 2/3 innings pitched. He did that in an ERA where pitchers don't go deep. He had more CG's and innings than BOTH guys you said should have won the Cy Young.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Never said "leave" this page....Never said shit like that....If you like debating fine....Don't make it personal, you started calling names like "moron, etc" to prove a point...Rubbed me the wrong way, sorry if I go off....I have a gruff personality, that's the way I am....Not trying to run you off or anything like that...

Reaction score
12thManFan;55350 said:
Honestly, if you are basing an argument around variables, then your argument is in trouble. You have to keep in mind what kind of team Locker was on as well. What if Jake Locker were on Oregon's squad during the BCS NC? Honestly, he would've done a hell of a lot better than their starting QB. Besides, we talk about Scam Newton and how he's soo "amazing" yet people seem to forget the WIDE OPEN passes he kept overthrowing by 6-7 yards in the BCS NC. Honestly, Jake Locker could be a great quarterback with the right coaching and development. In no way is he ready to come in immediately but he has potential (the way he rolls out, his reads, etc.) But I will admit some of the things you say drives me insane like your signature now and your hate for Locker. But whatever lol. How can you forget he helped UW beat USC twice in two years or bring home a Holiday Bowl? Or first bowl in how long? But I do firmly believe Locker would be a great addition to Seattle if we were to somehow trade up into the 3rd round and snag him if he's there.

Woooowww... I am not trying to be an asshole, so don't take this the wrong way, but you must be fucking taking the Jake Locker Koolaid through IV or up the ass via enima.... cause youre fucking nuts!!!

Thomas threw for 363 yards 2 TDs 2 INTs on 27/40 and he's not even a real QB LOL. You think Locker has those kind of numbers when all he completed were like 5 passes in a meaningless fucking game? yes.. a 6-6 bowl game berth is fucking meaningless. He would've been devoured by Farley and the rest of those southern fattasses. Prolly would've had his neck brocken and been carted off the field like that OSU game a few years ago.

Like I said, Thomas is not even a "real" NFL caliber QB, he'll prolly play WR or something, if he even goes, but he is still better than Locker.

You'd think all you Huskey fans would know best, since youve seen a lot of Huskey games this year... guess not.

Top Bottom