• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

June 4, 1974 the Seattle Seahawks were born

Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
bobflipaburger said:
Oh yeah? Well purple and gold is ugly... Take that. lol

Ouch. That hurts man, didn't have to get me with that low blow. :lol:

lol it's true though... The cougs definitely have the better unis... In fact they might just have the best unis in the Pac-10.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
hawkfanadam said:
bobflipaburger said:
Oh yeah? Well purple and gold is ugly... Take that. lol

Ouch. That hurts man, didn't have to get me with that low blow. :lol:

lol it's true though... The cougs definitely have the better unis... In fact they might just have the best unis in the Pac-10.

Well.. Yeah I will give you that one. I have always been a fan of the Beavers unis though. Maybe it just added some cred because they once sported housh and ocho.

Reaction score
San Fransisco also won 5 super bowls.

That is as relevant today as the Huskie and Coug rose bowls of days past.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Not for bragging rights. Although, it does enable me to relate to 49ers fans' pain (does not make me feel sorry for them, though :lol: ).

So in the past week, we have resurrected old debates on which PNW state is the best, Alexander, and now Pac-10 schools. Anyone have any other debates they want to bring up? We still have 8 months of 2009. :mrgreen:

S

Seattlehawk94

#ONE said:
San Fransisco also won 5 super bowls.

That is as relevant today as the Huskie and Coug rose bowls of days past.

Actually, it's very relevant..

Winning a Superbowl is something they can never take away..You will ALWAYS be World Champions..

Reaction score
When talking about which team is better... NOW.

Considering the success of the past is not relevant. History is great and all, but it's just that.

Just like Steve Young was saying about his 9ers, they need to quit living in the past. that Legacy is over. No one from those days is involved with the organization. They are a different team and so are the Huskies and Cougars.

They are currently losers and horrible ones at that.

Obviously we will never see eye to on on this as I am an Oregon fan and you are a WSU fan, so let's just stick what we agree on and that's Seahawks.... well for the most part.

S

Seattlehawk94

Uh....Between us and Whiners? Uh....The Whiners because they have 5 Rings.

Considering the success of the past is not relevant. History is great and all, but it's just that.

Yeah but when you argue with a Whiner fan his response is "5 Rings"...What the fuck are you going to say "We are better than you now"? Who gives a shit? "5 Rings" is like saying "Scoreboard" to an opposing fan when you are winning. It's something that you cannot respond to....I would love to be able to "live in the past" like that.

You are young...You don't know how it goes....Shit, I'm young in comparison to some fans but I get it...Once you win, who gives a shit? I'd take 10 years of losing just to have won XL so I could always have that...It's not just that...It's forfuckingever...

Just like Steve Young was saying about his 9ers, they need to quit living in the past. that Legacy is over. No one from those days is involved with the organization. They are a different team and so are the Huskies and Cougars.

Dude....The Cougs were right with the Ducks up until 3 or 4 years ago...The Fuskies were better than both...Only fans of loser teams want to throw away oh...HISTORY, for the sake of a few good years.

That's why I respect Fuskiefan over Gaspumper...They earned respect...Gaspumper wins (if you count jackjobbing Oklahomo a win) a couple of games and wonders where the respect is and starts whining when they don't get it..

Reaction score
#ONE said:

They are currently losers and horrible ones at that.

Obviously we will never see eye to on on this as I am an Oregon fan and you are a WSU fan, so let's just stick what we agree on and that's Seahawks.... well for the most part.

2001 wasn't THAT far back. That was the Huskies last rose bowl win. Wait a minute.. When was the last time the Ducks won a rose bowl???

Even the Cougars went to the Rose in 2003, and as much as I hate the Cougars, I can respect them because they actually went somewhere, also in this last decade.

Pac 10 Teams:

Trojans - Total Rose wins: 24, Rose Bowl appearances - 33, Last RB win/appearance - 2009/2009 *
Huskies - Total Rose wins: 7, Rose Bowl appearances - 14, Last RB win/appearance - 2001/2001 **
Cardinals - Total Rose wins: 5, Rose Bowl appearances - 12, Last RB win/appearance - 2000/1972***
UCLA - Total Rose wins: 5, Rose Bowl appearances - 12, Last RB win/appearance - 1986/1999***
Golden Bears - Total Rose wins: 2, Rose bowl appearances - 8 Last RB win/appearance - 1959/1938
Cougars - Total Rose wins: 1, Rose Bowl appearances - 4, Last RB win/appearance - 1916/2003
Ducks - Total Rose wins: 1, Rose Bowl appearances - 4, Last RB win/appearance - 1917/1995
Beavers - Total Rose wins: 1, Rose bowl appearances - 3, Last RB win/appearance - 1942/1965
Sun Devils - Total Rose wins: 1, Rose Bowl appearances - 2, Last RB win/appearance - 1987/1997
Wildcats - Erm.... nothing.

* - Number one in NCAA in both Wins and Appearances
** - Number three in NCAA in both Wins and Appearances
***- Number five in NCAA in both Wins and Appearances

Just saying....

S

Seattlehawk94

Cat's and Dev's were both in the WAC for a long time so they are kinda light in the RB trips.

Zona has had some great teams but never could get to the RB...Still can't believe it with all the talent they've had go through Tucson.

Reaction score
Right NOW the Oregon Ducks are much better than the Huskies and Cougars...

I am sorry, I will never take wins in the past as a legit arguement... only losing teams bring up the past.. ie: 49ers. When you have nothing going for you now, you dwell on "back in the day".

We are obviously not going to all see eye to eye. I am an Oregon fan and most of you are Huskies or Coug fans and that's fine. Seriously if you guys want we can argue this back and forth for months... or we can leave it alone and see what goes down this fall... I have a feeling I already know though.

Reaction score
#ONE said:
Right NOW the Oregon Ducks are much better than the Huskies and Cougars...

I am sorry, I will never take wins in the past as a legit arguement... only losing teams bring up the past.. ie: 49ers. When you have nothing going for you now, you dwell on "back in the day".

We are obviously not going to all see eye to eye. I am an Oregon fan and most of you are Huskies or Coug fans and that's fine. Seriously if you guys want we can argue this back and forth for months... or we can leave it alone and see what goes down this fall... I have a feeling I already know though.

All I am saying, is when did the Ducks last win something BIG? 2001 is NOT so far in the past, and the Huskies won a rose bowl. 2003 is not in the past either, that is when the cougars made the rose bowl. Just sayin..
We will see what goes down.

S

Seattlehawk94

So when a Yankers fan talks about Ruth, Mantle, or Gehrig he's "living in the past"?

When a Stealers fan brings up their 4 titles with Bradshaw, they are living in the past?

Wins in the past is a very legit arguement....People who don't want to know about or learn about the past or gloss over it are the ones that are usually the fans of the loser teams. They don't want to admit there was a past because they sucked ass in it...

Reaction score
Okay 94 apparently you must have the last word...

I really don't care to carry on this argument. So go ahead and post one and I promise not to post anything after it.

S

Seattlehawk94

Number 18 said:
I will say that I do not believe the Huskies and Cougars are horrible losers. They are very good losers. :lol:

:lol:

You must have the last word

Pretty much.... ;)

S

Seattlehawk94

Will is a Beavers fan...

He's still in Germany last time we emailed..

Reaction score
Prolly cause even the beavers can't deny raw talent..

They were all very familiar with Stewart :D

Top Bottom