• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

June 4, 1974 the Seattle Seahawks were born

S

Seattlehawk94

Okay...Writing that Chuck Daly thing made me go back to this...

This is the single big problem I have with younger sports fans...They throw the past away like it means nothing...That really bothers me....Alot of kids think if it didn't happen in their lifetimes it doesn't matter...

I'm only 31 but I feel alot older than some of you when it comes to the games...I'd seen a ton in person before alot of you were born but I also understood to look to the past...I grew up with my Grandfather telling me storys of Babe Ruth, Red Grange, Jim Thorpe, Howie Morentz, Lou Gehrig, Walter Johnson, and Ty Cobb, most of you kids grandparents are as old as my parents! I grew up worshipping the games and going way back in history doing it..I went to bed as a little kid to bedtime storys of John McGraw and Connie Mack from my grandpa rather than the "Cat in the Hat"...

Some of you need to learn more about the past before making statements about the now or the future...

Reaction score
Thank dad.

I am 24 bro, you don't need give me a history lesson.

I never said the past was not important. It is part of the history, and should not be forgotten.

When discussing the current state of a team, any sport, it is not relevant.

S

Seattlehawk94

You're welcome SON...At least you know the answer to "Who's your daddy?.. :lol:

Dude, apparently you do need a history lesson...You didn't even know about the ballBehrings.

Reaction score
The one that grew up in Oregon and didn't become a real fan until his late teens.

I watched games as a kid here and there, but I didn't follow it religously like I do now.

I owned a nice hawks jacket I got at a garage sale.. LOL

Irish Hawk 12

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Okay...Writing that Chuck Daly thing made me go back to this...

This is the single big problem I have with younger sports fans...They throw the past away like it means nothing...That really bothers me....Alot of kids think if it didn't happen in their lifetimes it doesn't matter...

I'm only 31 but I feel alot older than some of you when it comes to the games...I'd seen a ton in person before alot of you were born but I also understood to look to the past...I grew up with my Grandfather telling me storys of Babe Ruth, Red Grange, Jim Thorpe, Howie Morentz, Lou Gehrig, Walter Johnson, and Ty Cobb, most of you kids grandparents are as old as my parents! I grew up worshipping the games and going way back in history doing it..I went to bed as a little kid to bedtime storys of John McGraw and Connie Mack from my grandpa rather than the "Cat in the Hat"...

Some of you need to learn more about the past before making statements about the now or the future...

LOL I think I am the oldest one but then again Rusty may have me beat, So being being a west coast /bay area I have watch Willie Mays and McCovey and watching the A's in their heyday Vida Blue, Catfish hunter, Rollie Fingers, Reggie Jackson,Orlando Cepeda. and yes back then I was a 9er fan too and hated the Raiders all though I have to give them due in the 70's playing smash mouth Football.

So you young whipper snappers mind your place or I will run you over with my walker

Top Bottom