• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

HAWKS NEXT OPTION IN THE DRAFT!!

Brandon K. King

Huddler
Reaction score
Im lovin the Flynn Idea however I really want to see the Hawks take a look at Nick Foles of Arizona.

Reaction score
I'm sure they'll "take a look" at him as part of routine scouting. However, I'd be shocked if they waste a 1st or 2nd on him.

Brandon K. King

Huddler
Reaction score
And to elude more towards the Flynn thing he's kinda a John Schneider guy. All Schnitzle has to do is say hey Flynn wanna be a starter.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Flynn up'd the ante today, he will get a nice contract with the highest bidder.
We might have a in with JSchnieder of course, I'm warming up to the idea.
We can the use the picks on a DE or that stud Gaurd, Stanford guy?

I think I saw nick foles predicted to go in the late first early second, Im not a fan.

Reaction score
Foles might be a 1st round pick, I think Jones will stay at Oklahoma so foles would become the 3rd or 4th best QB.... How funny would it be if Barkley, Jones, Luck and RG3 all decided to stay? Lol

I've liked the idea of Flynn, but I didn't love it because I doubted his upside... I don't know if I've ever seen a more ridiculous stat line from a QB than what Flynn's was yesterday. It seems to be the right move now.

Reaction score
If there's no DEs there for us in the first, we have flexibility at LB right now. Both Hill and Hawthorne are FAs and Wright can play inside or outside. Maybe that's where we add a pass rusher and let Hill or Hawthorne go.

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
I'd really hate to see Hawthorne go Flip. Ever since he came in for Lofa last year, the guy has been a stud. Hill, I can take , or leave. Funny you should mention Flynn's stats. A friend was over watching the game, and I was talking about us needing Flynn, and save our Draft Picks for other areas. He was like "who the hell is Flynn?" We talked about it for awhile , and then they showed Flynns crazy stats, and I said "That guy right there"...LOL He about shit his pants.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I still have the same reservations about Flynn. He put up Aaron Rodgers-like numbers on the same team. So is it the team or the QB? The situation reminds me of Matt Cassel in New England. He is a decent QB, but not one I would break the bank on.

S

Seattlehawk94

No, he put up BETTER than Rodgers like numbers...With the SECOND team offense against a team trying for seeding...Thanks to Flynn the Lions have to go to NOLA to lose..

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree he has a good suporting cast in Green Bay, but he did it. I know perfectly well the guys not going to go ape shit everytime he has the ball, and Seattle isn't the same team. I do think however, he would be a great fit coming from a good program. Seattle is on their way to being a team to recon with, and giving him that supporting cast. I feel this would be a great move for us, and as you said yourself, we don't half to break the bank on the guy. He's an Unrestricted Free Agent, so any compansation would be talked about at the Dinner table. Just my 2 cents

HawkNRoller

Huddler
Reaction score
I'd like to see the Hawks go after Flynn. He looks solid and he's exactly the type of QB Pete is looking for. Not a guy that can carry the offense, but a guy that can manage a game and not turn the ball over. Go after Flynn and use our high pick on the best player available...hopefully it's Blackmon...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Jermichael Finley, Donald Driver, Ryan Grant. I'm no Packers expert, but that looks a lot like first team weapons to me...

This screams system QB. I'm not saying he won't be decent somewhere else, he just won't be 480 yards 6 TDs great somewhere else. I think he will be like Matt Cassel.

I want to see him put a struggling team on his shoulders and carry them. Then I will be a believer.

S

Seattlehawk94

Look at the amount of plays they were on the field each...Jones who is a 4th WR spent the most time on the field....Most of the starters were in and out most of the day just getting a rep here and there...

Watch Flynn...Watch what he looks like scanning the field...He's breaking down 100 things at once in .5 seconds...The kid can play...He's a Top-3 QB in his second year where ever he ends up...

S

Seattlehawk94

P.S. If he's "system" why doesn't Rodgers put up BIGGER numbers? He's the MVP and "best QB in the NFL", if Flynn is going for 480 and 6 TDs shouldn't Rodge be going for 600 and 8 or 9 TDs? Cassel is very different, he never TOUCHED Brady's records...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Come on dude. Just look at the box score. Those stats are not from players getting a rep or two. And players getting rested don't randomly come in and out of a game. They play for a series or two and then take the bench.

Cassel had a few 400 yard games with 3 TDs. Very Brady-like. As to why Rodgers never puts up 480 yards and 6 TDs, maybe Flynn gets the system better than Rodgers. There are lots of explanations. But Rodgers has put up several 400 yard 4 TD games over his career.

We can go back and forth on this because the fact of the matter is, you nor I really know how he will perform consistently, not to mention consistently on another team. Looks like this will be like our little Tebow deal - which, might I add, is trending in my direction right now. :p

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
@18
Always playing devil's advocate on every little detial!

You cannot deny the epic day flynn had was completely legit against a competive opponenant. He broke GB all time records. Know one will know if he will be a consistant QB on any other day for any other team or system, but they got film on him, and if it feels, smells, and looks like the shit, then he's probably the shit. You always have to take a risk, but not near as much as on an unproven rookie. So are you in or out on Flynn? Or just waffling as usual?

S

Seattlehawk94

Tebow might be trending that way but...He beats Pissburgh in a Wild Card Game and it was a successful season for him...I think he wins this game...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
@18
Always playing devil's advocate on every little detial!

You cannot deny the epic day flynn had was completely legit against a competive opponenant. He broke GB all time records. Know one will know if he will be a consistant QB on any other day for any other team or system, but they got film on him, and if it feels, smells, and looks like the shit, then he's probably the shit. You always have to take a risk, but not near as much as on an unproven rookie. So are you in or out on Flynn? Or just waffling as usual?

Sorry if I offended you with my propensity to freely think and voice my opinion. If you cannot handle having your own opinion, voicing it, and fighting for it, this place is not for you. I could brainlessly say yes to Flynn, but much to your disliking, this is a discussion forum. Not a consensus building forum. You have as much right to not read my posts as I have to write them.

You can read my posts (I think) and decide if I am in or out on Flynn. And I would like to see where I "waffle."

Top Bottom