• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I caved

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;54748 said:
Nothing wrong with SA. I don't understand all the hate.
I'm fine with Alexander, but the end of his career made everyone forget how well the rest of it was.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Impossible to say.

All I am saying is that I guarantee no one here was bitching about Alexander while he was scoring 28 TDs and rushing for 1880 yards in 2005 and being named the NFL MVP. Or bitching about his 5 years of at least 15 TDs (still only non-QB player in NFL history to do that I believe). And he actually had his second highest average YPC (4.9) before Hutchinson even arrived in 2001.

So appreciate what he did when he was here, realize that our GM made a mistake in keeping him, and that he didn't just decline, he dropped off a cliff (for whatever reason) and be done with it.

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Fenom;54747 said:
340xis.jpg

...had to do it, lol. :D

94' likes my signature better.lol.

Reaction score
SA went from running behind Walt, Hutch, Tobeck, Gray... to Spencer, Willis, Sims, and Locklear. Walt was in the mix, but he was on the decline.

Id like to see anyone put up good numbers running behind that combo.

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
Not really feeling anyone that defends SA, He stopped running hard point blank..If he didn't just get a huge contract it would be all gravy..but He got alot of guaranteed money

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm more angry with ruskell for not franchise tagging Hutch.

Did SA quit? Maybe. Maybe all those dollars made him feel 'Hollywood' so he didn't have to run hard anymore. Maybe he just couldn't go anymore. The only one who knows for sure is Shaun.

Time to forget all the coulda woulda shoulda. SA was an amazing running back for the Seahawks for many years. Someday he'll be in the ring of honor.

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
tonos253;54825 said:
Not really feeling anyone that defends SA, He stopped running hard point blank..If he didn't just get a huge contract it would be all gravy..but He got alot of guaranteed money

I know he's a coug and cougs won't ever bash their own but why does everyone give Trufant a free pass? Since we gave him that huge deal he has been total garbage the past three seasons.

S

Seattlehawk94

kdawg2980;54866 said:
I know he's a coug and cougs won't ever bash their own but why does everyone give Trufant a free pass? Since we gave him that huge deal he has been total garbage the past three seasons.

A shot at Cougs? From you? SHOCKING...

You really haven't been on the Huddle long haven't you? LOL....If you haven't read I've bashed Tru for the last 3 years now...

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
I know you've bashed on Trufant but I was referring to people I see on facebook or who I talk to. Trufant always seems to get a free pass since Jennings is so terrible.

Yes Jennings is garbage and probably shouldn't even be in the NFL let alone start. That still doesn't excuse Trufant who has had just one good year. That year was also good because the Seahawks basically ran a cover 2 with Kearney/Peterson killing the QB all year long. I think we even led the NFL in sacks that year.

S

Seattlehawk94

Okay....When you say "Cougs won't bash their own" kinda made me laugh because I bash my own worse than any Fuskiefan ever would bash his team...

Reaction score
Tonos, don't have to feel me at all, I don't give a fuck.

SA didn't quit, his body quit on him. I've met SA, several times, he is a humble guy and it wasn't the money that changed him. His line went to shit, he took a beating and he never fully recovered. He played most of 06 and all of 07 hurt. He had no holes to run through most of the time.

I agree that he was done, and the hawks should have parted ways with him when they did, but to sit there and bash him after what he did for this team and you were sucking on his teet while he was winning MVP, leading the league in rushing and TDs and getting this city it's first NFC Championship and an SB birth is hypocritical... to say the least.

You were probably the same whitetrash hick from Puyallup that wore a #37 jersey all of '05 and then burnt that same jersey after '07 and posted the video on youtube.

Jump off the wagon and stay off, I think the Sounders season starts soon. Jump on that.

S

Seattlehawk94

See most people say that...."You were all over Shauna when he was good"...NOT REALLY....I've always said that in 2005 the MVP of that team was Hasselbeck--said it then too think I posted on here back then about "How can he win NFL MVP when he's NOT EVEN the MVP of his OWN TEAM" or something close to that..

He played on a team who's rushing attack was setup by the pass....He's on ANY OTHER TEAM that season without his QB and OL he's just another "Good" RB....That's like saying that Buhner was a "great HR hitter", he had tons of others doing the heavy lifting and got pitches to hit..

But....Most Seattle fans DID think Buhner was great, and I was probably one of the ONLY ones saying that about Alexander and Hasselbeck so....

No need to get all personal up on Tonos...He might've been just like me back then even if he wasn't...HE'S HERE NOW, UNLIKE 99.9999% OF OTHER "SEAHAWKS FANS" WHO FORGOT ABOUT THE TEAM THE SECOND WE STARTED TRAILING TO THE BEARS...Most of those asshats won't be back until Kickoff Weekend and they'll be proclaiming what great "FANS" they are when they do arrive...

Reaction score
94, I know how you feel about SA, and I am sure you've always felt that way about him. But you know 99.99% of the Seahawks "fans" out there were his biggest fans and then made him public enemy #1 after his drop off.

Whether or not he deserved the MVP, he got it, and how many Seahawks can say that? He put us on the map, he helped our team on the way to the SB, he was on the cover of Madden, thats not a small feat.

I am not a SA defender, but I am going to give my 2 cents, feel me or not, thats how it is.

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
This was a big debate in my house. Another friend and I were on Hasselbeck more valuable then another two friends were on Alexander.

After the Playoff win over the Redskins we were like you think the Hawks win without Hasselbeck? lol.

Alexander I won't take away what he did but he was probably the 4th or 5th most valuable guy on the team that year. I'd put Hasselbeck #1 since QB is so important, 2. Walter Jones, 3. Steve Hutchinson and possibly even Lofa Tatupu that year 4th.

Remember we had a good backup in Maurice Morris is why some guys were ahead of Shaun.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
No way. Hasselbeck was a good QB that year no doubt. But his numbers are still very un-MVP. Sorry. I stick up for Hasselbeck as much as anyone, but he was NOT the MVP that year. Maybe he was the MVP of the Redskin's game.

S

Seattlehawk94

You do know MVP means "Most Valueable" Player not "Best Stats Player" right? Look at some MVPs in other sports..Kirk Gibson, Terry Pendleton, etc..

MVP was always meant to go to the person who meant the most to a winning team....Shauna was a system RB behind a great line that season...IF Matthew was injured for that season, Seahawks fold...If Shauna goes down, well...We saw what happened in that playoff game...

Matthew was the MOST VALUEABLE Player to the Seahawks in 2005 and is still....Without him we are shit...

Donruss used to take a player vote back in the day for "MVP Cards" every team's MVP got their own card those years, look at some of the names and you'd wonder why....Leadership....Shit, it took Griffey 3 years to dethrone Alvin Davis as the M's "MVP" when he first came up..1992 was the first "Griffey Jr. MVP Card"...Happened that way most of the time....Most of the players in all sports vote their leader as MVP....Shauna wasn't the Seahawks "leader"---maybe leader at whining about "being stabbed in the back" (Google 2004: Seahawks vs Falcons Stabbed in back)...

94, I know how you feel about SA, and I am sure you've always felt that way about him.

Have, just like I felt about Griffey in 1996 when a gayboy little userper tried to divide the M's....There were Gay-Roid fans in the Dome, and Griffey Fans in the Dome...You couldn't be BOTH....

That's the way it kinda was in the stands from about 2003, you could ROOT for Shauna or Matthew but you were either a Shauna guy or a Matthew guy...I was a Matthew guy but I was a Shauna hater....Always was looking for the next RB to replace his no catching, no blocking, crybabyass....I was calling for drafting Larry Johnson during his 2001 season where he kinda took off....He's always been a softy to me, never ran hard unless it was to vulture a TD....And I never could stand him for it....HE was always just a little statwhore who could care less about the team unless he got his...

Top Bottom