• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I caved

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah we saw what happened in that playoff game. A great Seahawks team that turned in one of its worse performances of the season. Maurice Morris. 18 rushes for 49 yards. But wait, we had a great line so that MUST have been why Alexander was good... And it wasn't Alexander that laid an egg in the Super Bowl. 20 rushes for 95 yards.

Listen, I'm not saying that Alexander was the sole reason we were good that year. But in games in which he was not playing or not playing well, there was a significant drop off in offensive production. And I'm also not saying that it was right to sign him to that deal. All I'm saying is that he deserves more credit than most around here give him.

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;54879 said:
Tonos, don't have to feel me at all, I don't give a fuck.

SA didn't quit, his body quit on him. I've met SA, several times, he is a humble guy and it wasn't the money that changed him. His line went to shit, he took a beating and he never fully recovered. He played most of 06 and all of 07 hurt. He had no holes to run through most of the time.

I agree that he was done, and the hawks should have parted ways with him when they did, but to sit there and bash him after what he did for this team and you were sucking on his teet while he was winning MVP, leading the league in rushing and TDs and getting this city it's first NFC Championship and an SB birth is hypocritical... to say the least.

You were probably the same whitetrash hick from Puyallup that wore a #37 jersey all of '05 and then burnt that same jersey after '07 and posted the video on youtube.

Jump off the wagon and stay off, I think the Sounders season starts soon. Jump on that.

Obviously you have a soft spot for him cause you met him and feel the need to stand up for him...how does your body quit when he never was the running back to take big hits and he had a great o line.. he had a broken arm and that shouldn't prevent you from being out the league..He is out of the league for a reason.. Their is a lot of humble and nice guys in the league..so what..Doesn't mean that you get a huge contract and than average 3.0 yds a carry..Sorry

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;54879 said:
Tonos, don't have to feel me at all, I don't give a fuck.

SA didn't quit, his body quit on him. I've met SA, several times, he is a humble guy and it wasn't the money that changed him. His line went to shit, he took a beating and he never fully recovered. He played most of 06 and all of 07 hurt. He had no holes to run through most of the time.

I agree that he was done, and the hawks should have parted ways with him when they did, but to sit there and bash him after what he did for this team and you were sucking on his teet while he was winning MVP, leading the league in rushing and TDs and getting this city it's first NFC Championship and an SB birth is hypocritical... to say the least.

You were probably the same whitetrash hick from Puyallup that wore a #37 jersey all of '05 and then burnt that same jersey after '07 and posted the video on youtube.

Jump off the wagon and stay off, I think the Sounders season starts soon. Jump on that.

I never lived in puyallup.. I am a 22 y/o kid from Tacoma, Wa and never had a Shaun alexander jersey ever.. i started watching football in 2004 but i know what i am talking about

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
don't talk shit cuz i have an opinion..that is what a forum is for. I wonder the gifts SA bought for hutch and jones after all the holes they opened for him..i am done with this SA talk..Your obviously catching feelings cuz you met the guy a few times..gimmie a break

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
While I'm not disputing how great our line was, how do you explain Alexander's success BEFORE Hutchinson arrived and declined in each of Hutchinson's first two years?

And if it was ALL our line, how come Maurice Morris couldn't run for shit behind that line?

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
I am arguing the fact that he had one year without a stud o line and the horrific injuries from that resulted in him not being able to run anymore? He is fragile and Thanks SA for the good couple years but he is long gone and i am done talking about it..

S

Seattlehawk94

Morris was a better pass catcher out of the backfield than Shauna....He was more of the Ricky Watters type player that suited Holmgren's offense...I remember we used to laugh in the stands about a "Ricky Watters 100 Yard Game" which was 20 Rushes for 75 and like 4 catches for 50...MoMo was that kinda player most of the time and it was better for our offense, he was selfless and was willing to hang it all out there to win a game...Shauna couldn't care less about a win or a loss, if he got his numbers that's all that mattered to "Stabbed in the Back boy"...

http://www.seattlepi.com/football/206304_shaun03.html

(He pouted AFTER his TEAM WON A DIVISION TITLE ON THE LAST PLAY OF THE SEASON! That's all you need to know about "Ms. MVP")

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
tonos253;54902 said:
I am arguing the fact that he had one year without a stud o line and the horrific injuries from that resulted in him not being able to run anymore? He is fragile and Thanks SA for the good couple years but he is long gone and i am done talking about it..

He had 3 years without a "stud o line." One he gained his second best YPC in his career. The other two he was injured. He also rattled off FIVE (not a couple like you claim) years of at least 15 TDs. Find someone else that has done that.

Seattlehawk94;54909 said:
Morris was a better pass catcher out of the backfield than Shauna....He was more of the Ricky Watters type player that suited Holmgren's offense...I remember we used to laugh in the stands about a "Ricky Watters 100 Yard Game" which was 20 Rushes for 75 and like 4 catches for 50...MoMo was that kinda player most of the time and it was better for our offense, he was selfless and was willing to hang it all out there to win a game...Shauna couldn't care less about a win or a loss, if he got his numbers that's all that mattered to "Stabbed in the Back boy"...

Hawks' Alexander: 'I got stabbed in the back'

(He pouted AFTER his TEAM WON A DIVISION TITLE ON THE LAST PLAY OF THE SEASON! That's all you need to know about "Ms. MVP")

Since when does MVP = least selfish player?

I just don't get why you can't give Alexander some credit for what he did from 2000-2005. It does not diminish in ANY way what ANY other player did for the team in the time frame.

Reaction score
I don't get how you can want to give the o-line all of the credit for his success and none of the blame for his failings...

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;54915 said:
I don't get how you can want to give the o-line all of the credit for his success and none of the blame for his failings...
I'm pretty sure they are giving them the blame for his failings. Once Hutch left and the O-Line wasn't as good, SA did nothing really and actually had to deal with getting hit which he obviously didn't like too much.

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;54901 said:
While I'm not disputing how great our line was, how do you explain Alexander's success BEFORE Hutchinson arrived and declined in each of Hutchinson's first two years?

And if it was ALL our line, how come Maurice Morris couldn't run for shit behind that line?

Dude Alexander came here in 2000 and rarely played. Hutchinson arrived in 2001.

Hutchinson missed most of the 2002 season and if you look at the game logs Alexander was extremely inconsistent. It wasn't until Hasselbeck emerged as the guy is when Alexander started to run better.

The Redskins had a tough rush defense and the point was we won the game without him. You think the Seahawks win that game without Hasselbeck? Hell no. Without big Walt? Doubtful. Without Hutchinson? Maybe. Without Tatupu? Possibly. Without ALexander I do know that we won the game.

I"m going to look up our team record when Hasselbeck sits out vs when Alexander sits out.

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
I'll start with Hasselbeck in 2003 since he wasn't established until then.

Without Hasselbeck. With Hasselbeck on the right

2004: 2-0(7-7)
2006: 2-2(7-5)
2008: 3-6(1-6)
2009: 0-2(5-9)
2010: 1-1(6-8)

Alexander without and with him.
2006: 3-3(6-4)
2007: 3-0(7-6)

I'm not dismissing what Alexander did at all. I actually think it's pretty embarassing we haven't had him raise the 12th man flag and be in the Ring of Honor. Like him or not he is the francises ONLY NFL MVP and ONLY Conference Championship game MVP.

Having said that it's obvious to anyone who watched the team back then that Hasselbeck was more valuable than Alexander. Most people back then(I used to talk a lot on ESPN boards that 2005 season) at the time were saying Jones and Hutchinson were more valuable than Alexander as well. Unfortunately Ruskell didn't see it that way and valued Alexander over Hutch.

Reaction score
Well no shit, obviously a QB is a bigger piece to be missing than a RB. You can still run your full offense when you're missing a RB.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
kdawg2980;54924 said:
Dude Alexander came here in 2000 and rarely played. Hutchinson arrived in 2001.

Hutchinson missed most of the 2002 season and if you look at the game logs Alexander was extremely inconsistent. It wasn't until Hasselbeck emerged as the guy is when Alexander started to run better.

The Redskins had a tough rush defense and the point was we won the game without him. You think the Seahawks win that game without Hasselbeck? Hell no. Without big Walt? Doubtful. Without Hutchinson? Maybe. Without Tatupu? Possibly. Without ALexander I do know that we won the game.

I"m going to look up our team record when Hasselbeck sits out vs when Alexander sits out.

Alexander dressed for all 16 games in 2000 and had about 20% of the carries he did in subsequent years. Definitely enough carries to gauge.

As for 2002, I also noticed that almost each time Alexander ran well, we won. You cannot say the same for about passing that season.

And like I have said, I'm not taking away anything from other players on the team, not saying that Alexander did it all, not saying that we would not have the Redskins game without Hasselbeck, Hutchinson, Jones, et. all. I am simply saying one thing: Alexander was a very good running back and people should give him credit for what he did while he was running well rather than continually tear him down.

Top Bottom