• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2014 NFL Draft Thread

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I like the move. We paid literally NOTHING for our first rounder! :)

We'll come up big with the extra late picks.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Move down 8 spots where the talent level is essentially the same and pick up a high 4th rounder. Classic PCJS magic.

They should be able to get several guys at 40 that they could've drafted at 32.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Surprised that Marqise Lee is still on the board. After the 2012 season he was considered a top 5-10 pick. The kid is a play making machine! Once he gets running it's like the tape is being played in FWD! Would be ecstatic if he's there at 40!

Idahawk

Reaction score
If they don't get Lee , it looks like a few T/Gs are sitting around 40 or this kid , who I watched at Boise St , he's raw , he's had off the field issues , but he's a freak he reminds me of Bruce Irvin . 20 sacks in just a couple years , he's long and fast and has an attitude .

OVERVIEW

Played defensive end, tight end and offensive tackle as a South Carolina prep. Attended Butler Community College (Kan.), where he redshirted in 2010 and racked up 66 tackles, 27 for loss and 10 sacks in '11. Committed to Boise State and then-head coach Chris Petersen over offers from South Carolina, Oklahoma, Clemson and Tennessee, among others. Started all 11 games played at defensive end in '12, recording 48-13.5-9.5 with an interception, four forced fumbles, a blocked kick and a fumble return touchdown. Was suspended against UNLV and Washington (Maaco Bowl). Started all 12 games played at defensive end in '13, amassing 72-20.5-10.5 with a batted pass, three forced fumbles and two blocked kicks. Was suspended against Tennessee-Martin.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Highly athletic. Fluid, flexible and rangy. Terrific balance and body control. Has quick, coordinated hands and feet to slingshot off blocks. Has natural pass-rush ability -- shows burst, bend and closing speed to hunt down quarterbacks. Dips inside suddenly. Terrific knee and ankle flexion -- flattens efficiently and redirects and accelerates smoothly. Explosive tackler. Made an instant impact at BSU and was productive behind the line of scrimmage -- 34 TFL and 20 sacks from 2012-13. Carries a swagger and plays with attitude.
WEAKNESSES
Could stand to get stronger and play with more pop and power in his hands. Lacks ideal bulk to play with his hand in the dirt. Gets knocked around when he exposes his frame. Doesn’t control tight ends. Is weak at the point of attack and gets wiped out by double teams. Can be overaggressive and lose contain or fly by tackles. Can do a better job protecting his legs. Lacks experience playing in reverse. Character and stability need to be looked into.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Rounds 1-2 (top 50)
BOTTOM LINE
A loose, explosive, long-limbed athlete, Lawrence consistently pressurizes the edge and harasses quarterbacks. His pass-rushing ability rates among the best in this year's class, and he holds mass appeal. Lacks ideal stoutness at the point of attack, but could thrive as a 4-3 right end or 3-4 rush linebacker, and should contribute readily on passing downs.
-Nolan Nawrocki

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I dont think Lee will make it #40 but I wouldn't even take him over some these:

DT Stephon Tuitt might be a good option. Versitle player that could fill the Red Bryant role but also plays inside.

OG Xavier Su'a Filo - if he is still there at #40 you take him! Unless of course you can trade for more picks :/

OT Morgan Moses - I like this guy, played both sides, maybe not the most athletic but incredibly lanky, good hand fighter, and is smart/good character. I could see him starting day 1 at RT, and maybe going to LT if we loose Okung to injury or FA next year.

I'm really hoping Moncrief is there at #64, that would be a good WR pick up!

Idahawk

Reaction score
Here we go round two !

With Josh Gordon being suspended for a year , Cleveland is going to need two WRs , I'm guessing their going to force the issue and trade up , Seattle may deal again ?

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Here we go round two !

With Josh Gordon being suspended for a year , Cleveland is going to need two WRs , I'm guessing their going to force the issue and trade up , Seattle may deal again ?
Same exact thought crossed my mind. I can see us grabbing a 3rd and another 4th and keeping our 64th pick.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Actually looks like Cleveland picks next, so perhaps not. Watch them take my guy Lee :(

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
The two best OL left are off board....

If Hawks don't go WR, I was really hoping they'd get one of those guys.

Top Bottom