• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Seahawks @ Bears - 1/17: LOSS 35 - 24

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Maybe...."Upgrades" aren't always upgrades...

Reaction score
The play calling wasn't always that bad. There were a few poorly designed plays throughout the year. There was some poor execution as well, let's not forget Bates is young and this is the first year of the offense. He's learning and he'll get better and the offense will start developing some chemistry. That doesn't happen over one season.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
What about Gus Bradley? Both years our defense has been shit under his watch. After blitzing Cutler non stop the first game we didn't send Babs or Milloy or even Curry after the QB. You know the only thing those three fucks are good at.

As for Bates he pisses me off at times but today I have no complaints. Unlike the NE OC he recognized we couldn't run and ditched it early. We had four drops today, plus guys running bad routes, losing your TE against a cover 2 defense(for those who know TE's are crucial to beat a cover 2), etc.

Plus let's be honest guys the better team won today. This team has tons of holes and not having a good offensive line, your #2 receiver, your starting TE really really hurts things.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
To say McDaniels wouldn't make a great OC is kind of nuts guys. He may have lost the Super Bowl(I don't remember him getting burned by Plaxico but that's just me) but he is also the only OC to ever go 18-0. Then with a QB that NOBODY knew about who couldn't even start in college made him into a good QB. Even won 11 games with him, got Cassel paid in KC.

Then in Denver he sucked as a HC but his offense was pretty good. Before he benched Orton he was second in the NFL in passing yards. The guy is a good offensive coach just horrible with personal. Like trading a second round pick to us for a first rounder(thanks for Earl Thomas buddy), the Cutler fiasco, then Marshall, then Peyton Hillis, Tebow trade, etc.

As an OC he would make a great OC and I hope he doesn't even up with the 49ers. Martz seems to be doing just fine this year. His team is in the NFC Championship game and his offenses tend to improve wherever he goes.

McDaniels is a shithead and I HATE him. I think he is a dick and isn't HC material. As an OC I think he still has plenty of game left.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Blitz? We did blitz and never got a hand on the SOB until late in the game when we did....We pretty much shut down the run but in doing that our little bitchboy Kelli Kapowski Jennings got eaten alive out there, that's not Gus's fault....He's building a damn good defense, Curry is going to be okay--like I said in the other thread--HE'S IN HIS SECOND FUCKING YEAR...Give him another before you throw out the "b-word".

He wouldn't make a good OC, because he's going to undermind EVERY HC he works with campaigning for the job behind his back....Go down one day, MEET the team..See how they are as a group, there is NO infighting and they really have no CANCERS since Doucheyourmama got shipped out...Bringing in a guy like McDickholes would ruin everything they are trying to build...Besides, IT'S NOT GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN--so why is it being discussed? He's a Bellicheat guy and Bellicheat guys only work well with other Bellicheat guys..Look at the list, they are ALL FUCKING CANCERS---Fatboy from ND, Romeo Where For Art Thou, ManDumbass, etc...They all are epic fucking failures everywhere they go and they all are CANCERS to whatever team besides NE they go near...

"offenses tend to improve wherever he goes."

COUGH--ALEX SMITH--COUGH
COUGH--10-22 WITH DET--COUGH

The guy underminds EVERY coach he's worked for, the only teams that ever hire him are bottom feeders or loser HC like Lovie (gayest...name...EVAR...) because they are desperate and too stupid to lead....Why do you think Lovie (gayest...name...EVAR..) has all those REJECT coaches on his staff? Because he's shit basically "runs" a group of position coaches who do all the work...

P.S. FUCK MARTZ---that motherfucker PROVED why he'll NEVER get another HC job by calling those fucking pass plays late in the game when we punted on 4th and CONCEEDED the game to them...They were trying to run up the score and it shows how classes that Kent Brockman looking motherfucker and that John Coffey from the Green Mile looking motherfucker truly are.....Fuck MARTZ AND LOVIE (gayest...name...EVAR) and that bullshit...I hope Green Bay lays the fucking wood on them and doesn't let up---I hope that Falconvict score just a BLIP on what they do to those asshats...Classless as FUCK....Almost makes me wish Chicago would have another fire...

Reaction score
We didn't have that gambler package anymore because of all the injuries to our DBs. That's what was effecttive against them last time.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Hate Martz, not impressed with Bates at all. Even with all the other crap, the play-calling sucked. Many here were criticizing him during the regular season then suddenly love him because of two wins. I prefer to look at the season overall and I'm not impressed.

He should have "3rd and short" tattooed on his forehead.

Yes, he's young; but too young (as in inexperienced). I say either keep him as an assistant OC and get a veteran to guide and educate, or at least get him a friggin' mentor. Lots of good guys have time off now.
Make him take OC summer school at the University of Offense (it's right next to the U of Defense--nice campus).
;-)

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Yestday was a f'in embarrassing.
Safeties getting burned (MILOY!) and missing tackles (EARL ON THE QB!!).
Dropped balls, like 10 (EVERYONE)!! Then missed oppurtunities on turnovers, Babs had a pick 6 thrown right in the bread basket. we had another missed interception, and then the fumble oppurtunity with Brock, then and the onsides kick, Mare executed to perfection, and the rest of the teams acts like they werent ready for it.

The defense looked soooo slooow, expecially Tatupu. Please get right this off season Lofa or put in Hawethorne.

Matt and O- line played very well.

ANd coaches... what the fuck with the game plan?
No blitzes??? What happened to Lynch???? And again Bates on 3/4 and short goes to passes and one deep, neither sucessful!!! BATES: STOP WITH THE LOW PERCENTAGE PLAYS ON 3RD AND SHORTS! IT STILL IS NOT WORKING.

Im not impressed with either of our coordinators, and why go for a FG down by 28?

Im just scratchin my head, time to put it behind us now but we could have won this game. We could have played GB at home. We had a chance to go to the superbowl for the 2nd time in franchise history.

Head down.

mark

Huddler
Reaction score
typical seahawks piss another one away, its awful now lets see what other kind of useless picks we get or useless free agents and lets see just how awful we will be next year after that...discusting! the way it has always been

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

mark;53961 said:
typical seahawks piss another one away, its awful now lets see what other kind of useless picks we get or useless free agents and lets see just how awful we will be next year after that...discusting! the way it has always been

Yes, because we've NEVER drafted well or signed good F/As...:frown:Oh WAIT! Earl Thomas and Okung! Oh, and Mike Williams...

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
You, sir, are the Voice of Reason. Thank you.
:emoticon-0150-hands

szat;53912 said:
Yestday was a f'in embarrassing.
Safeties getting burned (MILOY!) and missing tackles (EARL ON THE QB!!).
Dropped balls, like 10 (EVERYONE)!! Then missed oppurtunities on turnovers, Babs had a pick 6 thrown right in the bread basket. we had another missed interception, and then the fumble oppurtunity with Brock, then and the onsides kick, Mare executed to perfection, and the rest of the teams acts like they werent ready for it.

The defense looked soooo slooow, expecially Tatupu. Please get right this off season Lofa or put in Hawethorne.

Matt and O- line played very well.

ANd coaches... what the fuck with the game plan?
No blitzes??? What happened to Lynch???? And again Bates on 3/4 and short goes to passes and one deep, neither sucessful!!! BATES: STOP WITH THE LOW PERCENTAGE PLAYS ON 3RD AND SHORTS! IT STILL IS NOT WORKING.

Im not impressed with either of our coordinators, and why go for a FG down by 28?

Im just scratchin my head, time to put it behind us now but we could have won this game. We could have played GB at home. We had a chance to go to the superbowl for the 2nd time in franchise history.

Head down.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;53962 said:
Yes, because we've NEVER drafted well or signed good F/As...:frown:Oh WAIT! Earl Thomas and Okung! Oh, and Mike Williams...

Yeah, I'm thinking (praying?) the "daft draft" era ended once Pete arrived. As they say on Wall Street, I'm "cautiously optimistic" about the next draft, for once in a long time.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Funny how I called for ThorneBird all last offseason and the Lofabread playslikePoo crowd were calling me an idiot....

Much like the Whitecursed crowd, the Jim Moron Jr. crowd, the Justin Foreplay crowd, etc.....arrrrrgggggghhhhh!

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

I don't think ANY of us were "fans"...I just didn't want to see turnover just for the sake of turnover...

If you can upgrade....Sure....But McDaniels FUCKING TAUGHT Master Bates---why would you bring him in to run the same shit if it didn't work?

Zorn....MAKE THE FUCKING MOVE....

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
I read something very different from some posters.

But I know nothing about McDaniels and couldn't care less about him. I'd much prefer Mr. Zorn back into the fold. Never wanted to see him go in the first place.

Reaction score
Wasn't McDaniels first year with Denver in 2009 and Bates last year with Denver was 2008? They have no relation, other than being two major douchers.

94, bro, cant compare Forsett to Lofabread and Moron, even though some of us, myself included were wrong about him being an every down back... he still has some positives and a place on this team. Lofa and Moron do not.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

That's my point....Not saying he sucks...Saying I was right about him not being an every down back like some of you guys were claiming he was...

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
This game was hard for me to stomach. I was hoping we would win it, I knew we could win it, but for some reason Matt was one of the only ones laying it all on the line.

Williams drove me insane with the lack of effort after getting humiliated. Couldn't win the jump ball, couldn't fight for short ball, couldn't catch it while wide open? WTF! Matt kept looking his way trying to rely on him but he refused to snap to it, the TD wasn't even impressive.

Re-Sign Matt, and make a move to bring Zorn home to us.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Don't question Big Mike's effort....Dude felt HORRIBLE about that game, it wasn't lack of effort....Anyone who scores TWO TDs including one that was a hightlight reel play should get a little bit of a pass...You can't just single out MDub for that game...There is plenty of blame to go around....But "lack of effort" is one of the worst excuses and or blames for that loss---in fact I saw NO QUIT in any of them even when the clock made the game mathmatical they were still fighting....Of any tough loss I've ever seen I've never been prouder, unlike Holmgren's crew in that loss to the Pack where they basically rolled over and quit this team never gave up even when they knew the game was over....Made me damned proud, almost every other team that's been beaten in these playoffs by more than a TD (ATL, KC) basically just said "fuck it" and played with that kinda attitude WE didn't....

Top Bottom